• This topic has 9 replies, 8 voices, and was last updated 14 years ago by ski.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Heated Front Car-Seat On Fire question
  • Ifrider
    Free Member

Out in the car Sat, put the heated driver seat on at minimum setting and after about 5 mins noticed a sharp pain in the ass :lol:. Looking down I could see smoke so after stopping swiftly, I got out the car to see what looked like a fag burn hole smouldering away !!! A quick coating of snow stopped this but must admit had I left it I'm sure it would have gone up. Spoke to VW (it's a Touran BTW) and asked if they'd ever been recalled as I noticed trawling Google that Polos' had. Apparently the Touran hadn't ? They told me to get it inspected by a dealer and go from there after I'd politely pointed out the potential safety implications etc. Anyone else ever had this ? What happens if I get no help from VW ??

Jerome
    Free Member

Thats what you get for having a fancy car..

Stoner
    Free Member

hmmmm. Warm crotch.

reminds me of the bit on Fifth Gear where VBH is demoing the "vibrating seat" feature of a new car that comes on when you cross white lines without indicating. She wasnt very impressed but I think she enjoyed it as she zig-zagged down the motorway for the next 40 miles 😉

Ifrider
    Free Member

Certainly not fancy Jerome, it's an old 53 plate jobbie…
    Stoner, remember that, it was the Citroen C4 iirc ?

mk1fan
    Free Member

How old is the car? If it's under warranty then I'd expect it to be repaired under warranty.

It's a wired loop element so easily damaged – intentially or not.

DezB
    Free Member

What happens if I get no help from VW ??

Take it to your local paper. They're sure to publish an amusing story like that 🙂

mk1fan
    Free Member

53 plate, so it's [approaching] seven years old. I wouldn't expect anything from VW.

New elements and seat covers are available from VW and are reasonably easy to install. E-Bay (Teesside VW springs to mind) is a good source but get a price from VW first. There's plenty of examples of e-Bay prices being more than dealer prices. TT strut braces, Sunglasses holders and W8 interior lights spring to mind.

jimmy

I have a Golf with the same heated seats. Never trusted the idea of electric heating elements in my seat so never used it for that reason!

john_drummer
    Free Member

Toasty warm in this weather when they do work though 🙂

ski
    Free Member

Bless, we have a good use for snow at last.

😉

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Heated Front Car-Seat On Fire question’ is closed to new replies.