Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Headcams – At last a purchase
  • willard

Well, after months of humming, hawing and general procrastination, I have finally spent some money and bought a headcam. Whilst the heart was saying GoPro, the head said Contour, and I went with what my head was telling me. The contour is less obtrusive and more suited for skiing, but luckily I am getting the waterproof case with it, so I will be able to use it for kayaking as well.

Unfortunately, it will not be with me by the time I leave for the Lakes, but it should be by the time I get back, so plenty of time to get used to it before my next trip to Cannock. Best of all, I didn’t have to make this a “black” purchase; my wife signed off on the idea!

Happy days.

Milkie
    Free Member

Nice! I got myself one of those ContourGPS cams, very pleased with it, even though I’ve sent it back for repair (snapped the door off). I like that you can use a phone to setup the camera, and you can use cheap Nokia batteries!

jon1973
    Free Member

do you have a link to the one you have? how much did it cost?

Drac

Yup loving my ContourGPS too cracking gadget.

Didn’t tell the Wife I’d bought it but she’s seen it plenty and some of the videos. She doesn’t ask any more as it’s pointless.

totalshell

love the size and easeof use of my contour.. just wish i could download it quicker and load to youtube its a bit of a faff

mactheknife

willard what are tehe cheap nokia batteries you use??

Milkie
    Free Member

Cheap batteries and mods for the Contour HD / GPS are here!

Taken from the site:

…DX has a quality Japod BL-5c under SKU.32404 …

willard

Good find! Bloke at work uses those and they do him a whole day (with a bit of swapping) when he’s out on the slopes.

Like I said, the Contour was the more subtle choice. I’ll see how it compares to the GoPro when it arrives, and there might be scope for a second purchase of a GoPro if it does not turn out so good for some things.

Just don’t tell my wife.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Headcams – At last a purchase’ is closed to new replies.