Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • HDMI Lead help
  • paulosoxo
    Free Member

Help indeed. I have had HDMI leads buried beneath the plaster in my office, kids play room and my bedroom. Play room blu ray and bedroom TiVo are fine. For some reason, my PS3 in my office looses sound, and sometimes picture for just a split second. It works fine with a spare HDMI, as well as on my lounge tv.

So

Are all 3 leads in my office wall defective? Or can something be interfering with them? I have an Ethernet cable and the ring main cables ran alongside the HDMI.

Any thoughts?

Drac

Did you hang a picture after you’d installed them? 😉

CaptJon
    Free Member

my PS3 in my office

Does your employer know this?

Zedsdead
    Free Member

I have some snake oil which will make it all better…

paulosoxo
    Free Member

I hung the telly. Even I couldn’t hit all 3 leads! By the way, it says you’re a mod next to your name. I thought you were all a secret.

Capt.Jon. It’s for when I’m having R&R

Snake oil may work.

jon1973
    Free Member

I have a similar issue with my PS3. Thought it was the AV amp to start with. I don’t think it’s anything to do with HDMI leads, but to do with the PS3 overheating possibly. Our TV cabinet contains the PS3 and there is plenty of room around it, but it had a door in front of it. I now keep the door open when I’m playing on the PS3 or playing a DVD/BD and don’t seem to be encountering the same sort of issues (touch wood).

Maybe worth checking there is enough natural air flow around the PS3.

Mine is the new(ish) slim one btw.

edit. It did seem to be intermittent, so when you tried it with different leads, it could have just been luck.

2unfit2ride
    Free Member

Did you put the cable in a pipe or is the plaster slowly eating the cable, you do know it’s it is corrosive right?

Drac

By the way, it says you’re a mod next to your name. I thought you were all a secret.

Nope.

Could be the port on your PS3 clean it with the hoover and check for any loose bits.

andyl
    Free Member

plastic sleeve should protect it from any problems but I am guessing you put it in conduit/tube in the wall so you can replace it?

The cooling is a possible – do you have it more open when running on the other HDMI?

But the obvious is the mains cable. Is it possible to run the PS3 off a different ring main and switch the one that runs near it off to rule it out?

coffeeking
    Free Member

Ring main with something like a fridge/freezer on it might be your cause.

paulosoxo
    Free Member

Cheers, I’ll see what I can do, ps3 is new as it was a warranty replacement, I’ve only been moved back in two month, so nothing has been eaten by the plaster, cables will need to be exposed to be replaced, but I reckon I can do them relatively neatly should they ever need doing. But then again, I put 3 hdmi’s in incase one was duff.

andyl
    Free Member

fridge is what I was thinking. The motors can cause problems and the PS3 PSU is going to be quite closely matched to the max power consumption of the console.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘HDMI Lead help’ is closed to new replies.