Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 42 total)
  • Hawkwind fans?
  • fattatlasses
    Free Member

Rummaging around in the spare room earlier and found my old 70’s vinyl collection – including several Hawkwind albums. Blimey, got me all reminiscing about some classic freak-out Hawkwind gigs. Are there any old Hawkwind fans on here?!

kayak23

I………I just took a ride…….etc..

RustySpanner

Oh yes.

Bob Calvert era a favourite.

Best ever track?
    [video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vSR5TnNGKmo[/video]

Although this:
    [video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-XzYeHE2O4k&feature=related[/video]

and this:
    [video][video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X4IBhA-B1gQ&feature=related[/video][/video]

run it pretty close.

Oh sod it, this one too…….
    [video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J-maxq0HZqE[/video]

fattatlasses
    Free Member

Orgone Accumulator was always one of my faves 🙂

razor1548
    Free Member

The bass solo in Orgone Accumulator is how you do it with style and fit the surrounding instruments perfectly! 🙂

Junkyard
    Free Member

all my mates love them but was never that into them but I dont hate them

Like a mispent youth thread this

razor1548
    Free Member

Two years ago just before Christmas I saw Hawkwind at a small festival in Wales and Dave Brock put musicians less than half his age to absolute shame!

cinnamon_girl

I would love to go back to my misspent youth. 😉

razor1548
    Free Member

Good choices Rusty Spanner. Spirit of the Age in particular is amongst my favourites of theirs.

RustySpanner

Sorry folks, I got a bit carried away there 😀

If you’d like a good read, I can really, really recommend this:

You’ll never look at Dave Brock the same again. 😯

terrahawk
    Free Member

I’ve always preferred this version of this
    [video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p02-77XI1Gs[/video]

and this still sounds awesome
    [video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=POSxIOilobs[/video]

plop_pants
    Free Member

I liked the lady member, but can’t remember what she looked like, any pictures anyone? 8)

fattatlasses
    Free Member

The bass solo in Orgone Accumulator is how you do it with style and fit the surrounding instruments perfectly!

oh yeah 🙂

I really love the tracks with the driving rhythm – Terry Ollis on drums…..and when Lemmy was on bass 8)

(People look agog when my wife tells ’em we met in the bar at a Hawkwind gig that she’d blagged her way into…….oh, her mum & dads face 😆 )

razor1548
    Free Member

Catchiest guitar riff in history! 🙂

razor1548
    Free Member

No Hawkwind posting is complete without:

razor1548
    Free Member

Ooops. Crossed with the other post there, so let’s have us an Orgone Accumulator instead! 🙂

lodious
    Free Member

I was a massive fan when I was a teenager..still really like them. Bob Calvert was a genuine talent..Captain Lockheed was class. Saw him live with Inner City Unit…what a gig.

fattatlasses
    Free Member

I would love to go back to my misspent youth.

Dunno if I’d be able to cope now….as I sit here with a hot water bottle on my spassed back, and my old comfort slippers on 😉

heehee……smiling to myself, ‘cos I remembered the time I was at one gig where the St.Johns ambulance people thought I was having a seizure – nah, I was just horizontal dancing on the floor 😆

RustySpanner

Just do a Google Image search for Stacia Blake, plop pants.
    Not many safe for here though 🙂

She’s an artist now, living in Ireland (And she still looks lovely):

nibby
    Free Member

Big fan of them. Many a happy day going to gigs around the country to see them. Black Sword was my first gig then many many more afterwards.

Calvert and the Hawklords a favourite. Loved the Calvert solo stuff also ‘Captain Lockheed and Hype’ great albums.

Not old enough but always wished I was to see the Space Ritual Tour.

I’ve heard the Hawklords are touring again this year.

Goz
    Free Member

My fav is… Space is Deep.

fattatlasses
    Free Member

Good to see there are a few Hawkfans on here. I am off to see if I can get the old turntable working 🙂

razor1548
    Free Member

We are utterly not worthy!

*bows deeply*

Ed2001
    Free Member

I sold mine on E bay and did pretty well with them as I recall.

razor1548
    Free Member

“I am off to see if I can get the old turntable working”

I keep mine running almost entirely because I only have Astounding Sounds, Amazing Music and Doremi Fasol Latido only on vinyl. 🙂

Used to have the first on cassette too until someone stole the car with it in. I was more worried about the cassette than the car! 😮

gusamc
    Free Member

blimey, you just made me remember a couple of old tapes I have somewhere …..

now gratefully enjoying the power of you tube

and just for the record here’s another bunch of hippies cracking on
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PZ_5G7lF1Zs&feature=fvwrel

grahamb
    Free Member

Now thats odd timing. After the thread earlier today about that satellite about to re-enter the atmosphere i went looking on youtube for Inner City Unit’s Skalab. Didn’t find it, but did find lots of Hawkwind.

Now those were album covers. Downloads might be more convenient, but you can’t beat covers like In Search of Space.

I can never work out my favourite album, anything of them up to Astounding Sounds really. They got a bit too heavy metal for me after that, especially when Huw Lloyd Langton rejoined. I preferred the stuff Nik Turner did with Sphinx & ICU.

Reluctant
    Free Member

Another fan……….the joyous noise of it all – turned up loud enough that it all becomes a blur. Bliss. 😀

finishthat
    Free Member

loved Inner City Unit – Maximum Effect album , went to see them a few times
    they used to do the shake n vac advert for fun

lodious
    Free Member

It wasn’t just the covers…the inner sleeves were important too 🙂 I had about a year with Space Ritual gatefold, but without the correct innersleeves. Scared me for life.

mr-brightside
    Free Member

i seen them on the black sword tour, seen many bands since but i think they have to be in my top 3.

donks
    Free Member

They came to Milton Keynes years ago so we all got trolleyed and went to see them in a small venue. The band were camped in the bar for a good while before they came on and chatted to most fans…good gig….I think!
    Have we mentioned motorway city yet?

donks
    Free Member

Just remembered I have the old mans original vinyl hawkwind albums in the loft….. Must get USB turn table.

zippykona

Not a huge fan but live at Reading 86 is top rockin’

MadBillMcMad

can not remember what the advert is for that is doing the rounds at the moment but Lemmy singing that super slow version of Motorhead is awesome.

just the way it is supposed to be.

nbt

It’s a slow version of ace of spades 😉

Pigface
    Free Member

A mate of mine called Guy is a fanatical Hawkwind fan, made guitars for Dave Brock painted with the Warrior at the Edge of Time artwork. We once totted up that he someting like 3 weeks worth of continuous play bootlegs. He is nuts buts just loves Hawkwind

Dont get them myself 😆

Fantombiker

Space Ritual. Class music.

lawrence
    Free Member

hawkwind you have to love them,my first proper gig way back in 1972 not been quite right ever since 🙂 space ritual their finest moment ??
    lemmy and brock just awesome

catnash
    Free Member

I’ve met Nick Turner a few times. Before that had I had never heard of them.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 42 total)

The topic ‘Hawkwind fans?’ is closed to new replies.