Viewing 14 posts - 41 through 54 (of 54 total)
  • Having second thoughts… was this a silly purchase?
  • firestarter
    Free Member

he may have bought it in the auction geetee mentioned a while back and decided against building it up. It happens on here enough lol

firestarter
    Free Member

also if he doesnt have the right type of bank account (as i didnt for first few year after moving back to england) you cant set up a paypal account. At least the guy knows what hes talking about

HeathenWoods
    Free Member

Yeah. I agree with those who expressing a glimmer of optimism; he seems new to eBay and may have heard horror stories about Paypal or just misunderstood. You can trace a cheque to a paying account more easily than via Paypal and you have to send it to his address. As pointed out above he sounds like he knows what he's talking about when it comes to bikes.

As to the provenance of the frame? I wonder if he did buy it in the earlier auction: it was from a shop owner (?) the frame is marked up as 'shop proto 15'. It may all hang together.

Also, so far no one has piped up saying it looks the same as a Carrera Cockrocket with Orange stickers on it or anything 🙂

singletrackmind

Get someone local from on here to go round and pick it up. There must be someone on STW who lives within 10 miles who can swing by with the cash, check it out, scope the gaff etc. Then you can arrange collection / courier at your leisure, or arrange a ride on the weekend and grab fram afto.

Just a thought .

Reckon its an Apollo myself.

infidel
    Free Member

If you can get to Wales it may be worth going to get the frame, sometimes you do find great deals on ebay; sounds like this is one! Call Orange monday too and good luck!!

psychle
    Free Member

All sounds cool to me now… had an email from the chap re. me collecting in person and paying cash, no problems he says (he also recommends Brechfa as it's his local spot 🙂 ) So, all looking legit to me… Anyone fancy a trip from London to Wales on Thursday or Friday?

psychle
    Free Member

btw, thanks for all the comments and advice, the STW really are helpful (in general 😆 )

Kramer
    Free Member

AFAIK Orange prototypes are branded 'Strange'.

Speshpaul

"had an email from the chap re. me collecting in person and paying cash, no problems he says (he also recommends Brechfa as it's his local spot"
    Go to his house, don't buy it in a car park

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

>Go to his house, don't buy it in a car park

which as a theory cuts both ways. Why should the seller trust you the potential buyer- you could be a thieving scumbag who turns up, tyre kicks "ooh its not my cup of tea" and then, having scoped out his garage, return in a few days with a van and have away with his life-savings worth of bikes. Risks involved for either party with either scenario.

XXX
    Free Member
    psychle
    Free Member

Had a chat with Orange this morning, they've confirmed it's one of theirs, so looks like I picked up a good deal 😀 Going to drive over to Wales on Thursday and pick it up, might even spend the night out there and have a good couple of days riding…

HeathenWoods
    Free Member

All's well that ends well 🙂

catvet
    Free Member

Alan Milway of Descent world had one of these Oranges

Viewing 14 posts - 41 through 54 (of 54 total)

The topic ‘Having second thoughts… was this a silly purchase?’ is closed to new replies.