Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Having ago at track cycling in Glasgow
  • geoffj

Anyone know if / when this is likely to be available?
    The website seems a little outdated already.

pebblebeach
    Free Member

Guy I knows brother was doing a session tonight and I think he was going to ask if any slots are available in the near future. Ill let you know how he got on.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Iainc of this very parish was there tonight, he’ll be along soon.

legend
    Free Member
    OmarLittle
    Free Member

If you cant pop into the arena to speak to them at the front desk then the easiest way is to fill in this form http://www.123contactform.com/form-390997/Velodrome-Accreditation they will get back to in a couple of days giving you a Glasgow Life number and password and then you can access the computer system and book a taster / introduction session.

It is great fun, but i have to warn you it is pretty addictive!

geoffj

Thanks guys – I couldn’t find owt at http://www.glasgowvelodrome.co.uk/

Ill have a shufty!

dirtygirlonabike
    Free Member

When I was there in December, i booked accred 3 for end of Jan. They didn’t have any timetables/sessions sorted for after Jan. Accreditation is probably booked up about 4-6weeks in advance, not great for those of us who want to race.

bam74
    Free Member

Give them a phone. Were plenty of places available in February when I booked up on Monday. Doing the first two accreditation sessions 7th Feb. Can’t wait.

dazzlingboy

Got a voucher for a ride there from Mrs DB for Xmas – looking forward to it too!

crazy-legs

Give them a ring, best way to find out what’s available.
    At the moment they’re running mostly accreditation and progression sessions – they want to get a decent pool of accredited riders to make it worthwhile having race meetings and training sessions.

worldrallyteam
    Free Member

Had Acc4 today, if you are new to it you will need to go through the 4 accreditation process. 6 hours track time in total before being let loose on the track. They are still inundated with people wnting accredited. Best thing to do is go in no ak for the first Acc 1 available, only an hour but will let you get the feel for it.

iainc
    worldrallyteam
    Free Member

.. Forgot, as mentioned hove, you need to be a Glasgow Life member.

iainc

the web booking is poor, call then on 0141 287 7000

iainc

how was accred 4 then ?

iainc

accred 1 last night, which I booked 2 weeks ago. At the end of the session I booked accred 2 for next Thu. They had spaces for tomorrow also, but I couldn’t make it. I think the rush is dying down abit now

turbo1397
    Free Member

I registered on said site http://www.123contactform.com/form-390997/Velodrome-Accreditation

They got back to me with my user id and pin number. you then log in and take it from there. First slot i could get for my accred 1 was at the end of jan, which was a month from registering. trying to get my accred 2 booked asap..

iainc

Turbo – they told me last night that you can only book accreditation 2 once you pass the first one..

turbo1397
    Free Member

AHH.. ok. will just need to bide my time. Glad to hear you enjoyed it, really looking forward to it… in a way i hope i dont get too into it, could lead to another bike purchase! 😀

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Having ago at track cycling in Glasgow’ is closed to new replies.