Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Have we done the 10m tower jump yet?
  • wwaswas

This is gripping.

Filming people deciding whether they’ll jump off a 10m diving board.

My heart’s racing just watching.

Follow the link, I can’t seem to embed video.

https://www.nytimes.com/video/opinion/100000004882589/ten-meter-tower.html?smid=tw-share

ton
    theotherjonv

I love Linus and Frida

also love the way that some people as they go off crouch down a bit as if 25cm lower is going to make a substantial difference

bodgy
    Free Member

That’s ace! Nice one wwaswas.

devash
    Free Member

I pencil dived off a 10 meter diving platform during a swimming lesson when I was at high school. Even though it was a perfect landing it stung like hell and took my breath away. Not sure if I’d do it again.

qtip

Great film – surprisingly engrossing.

scuttler

Thanks Ton.

I think this is less about rad fizzy drinks and a little bit more about the human condition. No slow-mos, no superimposed graphics, no soundtrack – just 10 metres of space and nothing else.

I love it.

joshvegas
    Free Member

10m jump no problem
    10m dive no chance

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

this is cool thanks for the link. do you know anything more about the film? it’s Swedish!

lowey

Thats ace!

woody2000

No slow-mos

Well, except for the slow-mo bits of course 😉

That was ace, weirdly enjoyable! Did give me some flashbacks to a perforated eardrum I got whilst jumping off a 5m platform though…

perchypanther
    Free Member

10m jump no problem
    10m dive no chance

10m jump – no problem*
    10m dive – no problem
    10m somersault – no problem
    10m back somersault – no problem
    10m ride off the platform on a BMX – seen it done but was not permitted to participate** . A bloke called Beefy who was the year above me in school had a crack at it.

*I grew up less than a mile from a (very nearly) Olympic size pool with 2 x 1.5m diving boards, a 3 m platform, a 5m board and a 10m platform at the 12ft 6 inch deep end of the pool.

** During a school swimming gala, during which members of the diving club put on a humourous display of pratting about on the diving boards for comedy entertainment purposes.

avdave2

Brilliant

scuttler

“No slow-mos” – OK busted – 1000 fps slow-mos too.

Should’ve been a stealth edit to say “no sick edits”

Linus and Frida a microcosm of modern family life (though not clear on their relationship)

One who thinks too hard, one who gets on
    One who speaks, one who listens (sometimes)
    One who must do everything in order, one who DNGAS

ninfan
    Free Member

I think this is less about rad fizzy drinks and a little bit more about the human condition.

That’s an interesting point, I’ve met a few paras who reckon that jumping from balloons was far harder than from a plane, because it’s all so calm and relaxed

D0NK

really enjoyed that, cheers

mogrim

That was excellent, thanks!

Keva
    Free Member

dived off a few of those in the past. Last time was over twenty yrs ago mind so probably wouldn’t be as keen now. It does give you the wooloocks when you get up there and look down though!

dooosuk
    Free Member

Credit to the two 50+ (possibly 60+) women who jumped off!

Drac

Good fun off here.

GrahamS

Brilliant, really compelling.

Loved the young girl at the start being the first one they showed jumping off. I’ll be showing that to my daughters! 😀

The older lady in blue was the best for me though. I knew she had it in her. She doubted herself, got as far as the steps, then realised she’d regret it and came back at it. I was proper cheering for her.

Reminded me of my missus doing the Canyon Swing in New Zealand (a good 14 years ago now). Just me, her and the instructors. She stood at the edge for 20 minutes, terrified, shaking, crying, but absolutely refusing to give up. Then she jumped. And came back up and did it again! 😀

GrahamS

Drac: that isn’t one of Kev Anderson’s groups is it? I know he does a bit of coasteering round your way.

Not done that with him, but I did jump off here with him into some scarily shallow water:

Drac

Might be Grahsm but he’s normally further north.

superfli
    Free Member

Thats a great video! It is quite terrifying when you are up that high.
    I jumped (not dived!) off a bridge diving platform just down the road from this one in Slovenia last summer:

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H7iL18TQXAk[/video]

The water is a lot shallower in that vid! Its about 12m normally. I went up for a look and then all the kids dared me lol! Took an age to hit the water 😆

hammyuk
    Free Member

Sounds like Cov Baths Perchy

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

The topic ‘Have we done the 10m tower jump yet?’ is closed to new replies.