Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Have Thomson…
  • GSuperstar
    Free Member

ever mentioned why they don’t offer a Clamping Seat Collar?

I can’t for a second think it hasn’t crossed their minds or been mentioned to them so wondering why it’s still not produced?

Edit – By clamping I mean with a lever.

druidh
    Free Member

One like this?

or do you mean a Q/R?

wwaswas

have you googled ‘Thomson Seat clamp’?

GSuperstar
    Free Member

Sorry, I mean with a lever?

druidh
    Free Member

I guess they don’t make a Q/R because they think their posts might be too easily stolen 🙂

honourablegeorge

They’re going to get around the unnecessary complication of a QR lever by launching a dropper seatpost.

wwaswas

It’s too late to go around changing the thread title 😉

I am looking forward to a Thomson Dropper ont he basis it will probably a) work and b) keep working.

shortcut

QR seat posts are so last year. Either bolt it up or buy a reverb an bolt it up.

QR seat posts are a thing of the past!!

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

I am looking forward to a Thomson Dropper ont he basis it will probably a) work and b) keep working

c) Cost a fekking fortune
    d) Weigh more than anyone elses

GSuperstar
    Free Member

Ha, sorry wwaswas! I put it in bold so people would presume your comment was prior to it 😉

@shortcut – Yeah but Thomson are beautifully understated in their design like something from the past so QR just seems so suited!

shandcycles
    Free Member

Surely you need a QR for your Hite-Rite to work? 🙂

ojom
    Free Member

They were working on one a few years ago. It was pretty good.

rocketman
    Free Member

imo they need to get their act together and make some bars

IHN

I notice that seatclamp has a patent on it. What the hell have they patented on that?

honourablegeorge

rocketman – Member
    imo they need to get their act together and make some bars

Lots of bars on their site now.

http://bikethomson.com/thomsonhandlebars/

GSuperstar
    Free Member

I think they have a pretty good following in the mtb world, I don’t really know of anyone that thinks there stuff isnt good for its intended use (weight issues aside).

I just think as they already have the seat collar, the QR Lever should’ve made an appearance by now.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

QR seat posts are so last year. Either bolt it up or buy a reverb an bolt it up.

QR seat posts are a thing of the past!!

Rubbish. 🙂

I don’t need one. Certainly nowhere within 75 miles of home. In 5 days of the most extreme riding I’ve ever done in Tenerife I didn’t use one, and nor did all but one of the others I rode with.

When they are reliable and reasonably priced I might think again but there’s no way on this earth I’m paying £200 for a spring, a bush, a lever and 2 tubes.

bigyinn
    Free Member

Unlike most Thomson products, I find their seat clamp aesthetically offending.
    I’d love to see what their dropper post is like when (if) it comes out.

honourablegeorge

A QR lever would be their first “moving” part – they’ve only done stems, posts – stuff that stays still. Even if it’s only a brass busing or whatever.

The dropper post is quite a leap – hydraulics, bearings, lubrication, the lot – kind of surprising. I wonder if there’s something in their aeronautical line that they already build that uses similar tech that would explain the jump. Or maybe droppers are taking so much of their seatpost business that they were forced to make the move.

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Have Thomson…’ is closed to new replies.