• This topic has 24 replies, 11 voices, and was last updated 13 years ago by hora.
Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • have i cracked a rib?
  • Pook

fast ball spat up and smacked into my upper rib cage playing cricket t'other day. It was sore then, bit red and subsequently bruised. Thought little of it, it was just a bit of swelling and a dull ahce.
    Anyway, any pressure, or god forbid a sneeze, and it kills. Really sharp pain in one spot. No bruising to see.

Cracked rib? MTFU? Ibuprofen gel and get on with it?

boxelder

Treatment's the same whether bashed, bruised or cracked. Keep breathing deeply – can often develop into chest infection.

BigDummy
    Free Member

I saw a doctor about this recently. The treatment for a cracked rib or for a sprain or a bruise is the same – rest and painkillers. She said to take painkillers as needed because otherwise you can end up favouring one side of your chest, which compresses your lung and creates a risk of chest infections. And to come back if I started coughing up blood or having trouble getting my breath.

Horrid isn't it? 🙂

steve-g
    Free Member

Have you tried bending forward to see if you can reach yet?

Every cloud and all that

soobalias
    Free Member

in four weeks you will know if it was broken or not.

hth

BigJohn

Painkillers are not as effective as anti inflammatories. See if you can get the doc to prescribe something like diclofenac. Otherwise look forward to no sleep for weeks.

Underhill
    Free Member

I was told at A&E not to take anti-inflammatories as they slow down the healing process for a broken bone, if that's what it is.

Paracetamol was the recommended drug of choice. Which, to be fair, was pretty useless.

ruminant
    Free Member

Hi I'm three weeks into the same thing, although mine was the bars into my ribs. Paracetamol/Ibuprofen mix 4 times a day is what was prescribed by my doc.

down to a twinge if i move odd and also stiff in the morning.

contemplating a ride on wed.

boxelder

Ask those softie roadie types out in France. Some of them ride 200km with cracked ribs. I'm struggling to lift a mug of tea at times with mine.

hora
    Free Member

When the ball hit can you remember if things went alittle whoozy or pin-pricks of light in your eyes?

When I've cracked ribs for a split second everything goes dream like (I imagine thats the flood of endorphines?)

Pook

yup. Woozy for a split second.

ruminant
    Free Member

Boxeider, I was thinking that as well! Couple that with the vid of the little kid doing table drops and 360's, I felt like a right talentless cry baby last week 😥 😉

Still i'm not full of god knows what drug, like the pro's apparently are 😉

hora
    Free Member

Uh-ho. You have CricketAIDS 🙁

hora
    Free Member

Have you woke up in the middle of the night in a silent-scream and in agony/drenched in sweat? Boy that part is such fun 😕 (think sudden cramp in calf in your sleep).

boxelder

hora – are you on drugs? or just bored at work?

hora
    Free Member

boxelder showing his anger

ourkidsam
    Free Member

Have you woke up in the middle of the night in a silent-scream and in agony/drenched in sweat? Boy that part is such fun for me

You are so, so wrong Mr Hora.

hora
    Free Member

Sam, that happened to me when I cracked two. During the night the muscle around the ribs would spasm making you jolt or I'd roll over onto my forearm so that the weight of my bod would flex the ribs.

Then your awake with your mouth wide open and trying to pant shallowy.

Jeesus.

Pook

It'll be happening to us all on Saturday night Sam, locked in Hora's rohypnol love grip

hora
    Free Member

ourkidsam
    Free Member

I've broken a rib too…. no, no I mean a leg…. I can't possibly come along any more

Pook

I'm reconsidering following that pic ^^^^

ruminant
    Free Member

why has this thread descended into to manlove pics?

with chris moyles!

skiprat
    Free Member

Yeah i've just been informed that the van has failed its service so won't be along either!! The oil was the wrong shade of black so failed!!

Hope the legs ok soon Sam 😉

Oh and the rib Chris

hora
    Free Member

😆

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

The topic ‘have i cracked a rib?’ is closed to new replies.