Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 73 total)
  • have crc discovered the new 3rd class mail?
  • Pook

waiting…..waiting…..waiting…..

sorry crc, but you’re being left for dead by the likes of merlin, rose bikes and superstar when it comes to decent service and delivery these days.

philconsequence
    Free Member

I blame binners.

I had two orders arrive at the same time last week, one of those i didnt even get a ‘your order has been dispatched’ email…. first time i’ve ever had to wait more than 2 days for an order to come through! still, free delivery and they arrived by the end of the week 😀

have i mentioned i blame binners?

Steve-Austin
    Free Member

no problems for me. delivered within 24 hrs everytime

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    karnali
    Free Member

something was posted otme thurs garutneed next day deery as they had messed up an order big time over 2 weeks. Not arrived yet!!

dan1980
    Free Member

So your order has been posted, and its non-arrival is the fault of crc how?

Shirley you need to be blaming the royal mail?

trailmonkey

why, he’s paid crc not the royal mail

dan1980
    Free Member

If crc have handed a parcel to the royal mail how can they be held responsible for the actions of another company? It’s no longer in their hands, and they wont have the power to move the package through the mail network.

rocketman
    Free Member

no problems for me. delivered within 24 hrs everytime

^^ this

CRC have a list of preferred customers 🙂

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

CRC have a list of preferred customers

Based on people they see moaning on STW I think…..

trailmonkey

If crc have handed a parcel to the royal mail how can they be held responsible for the actions of another company? It’s no longer in their hands, and they wont have the power to move the package through the mail network.

because crc have entered into a contract with you, you haven’t entered into one with the rm. if the parcel hasn’t arrived then it’s up to crc to sort it out with the rm not the customer.

at the end of the day if the rm aren’t doing what they’re supposed to do then it’s up to crc to source a more reliable form of carraige.

radtothepowerofsik
    Free Member

I ordered yesterday – as did, independently, the guy sitting across the desk from me.

I’ll let you know when they arrive (probably around 11)

dan1980
    Free Member

I entirely agree that it’s up to crc to sort out Royal Mail on behalf of the customer if there’s a delivery problem. I don’t think as a recipient you can actually chase up anything with RM anyway.

But I you can’t hold CRC accountable for any failings in RMs infrastructure. It’s kind of like saying that if you have a monster crap, it’s your fault if it blocks the water company’s sewage system.

ScottChegg
    Free Member

But I you can’t hold CRC accountable for any failings in RMs infrastructure

You can. There are other postal services available. If they are choosing the one that gives the worst service, it’s their fault.

phutphutend
    Free Member

I have much more a problem with their new packaging system. A large box for even the smallest thing, for example some disc bolts! What was wrong with padded bags that went through the letterbox.

Pook

as others have said…. if parts can get to me within a couple of days from rose, for example, I will use them for future purchases.

CRC’s choice of carrier is directly impacting my decision on using them in the future. I can’t be alone in thinking like this.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

I have much more a problem with their new packaging system. A large box for even the smallest thing, for example some disc bolts! What was wrong with padded bags that went through the letterbox.

If you feel that bad about it get them from your LBS? I’m doubting even CRC can undercut on a set of 6 bolts?

IIRC theyc an get more of those boxes in a truck than they could envelopes as they stack easily, and as CRC alone sends several trucks to the mainland every day it actualy reduces the truck space required from RM.

thomthumb
    Free Member

There are other postal services available

i’m not sure there are actually. NI- mainland i have definately read that CRC have their hands tied.

I have no issues with the service here. must be your local hub…

retro83
    Free Member

delivery seems fine, but my last few orders have spent days ‘processing’. Funny enough email them to cancel it and miraculously it gets dispatched.

trailmonkey

i’m not sure there are actually. NI- mainland i have definately read that CRC have their hands tied.

they only have their hands tied if they wish to continue using the cheapest available carraige method – rm. all the other carriers do gb – ni service, it’s just damn expensive.

IIRC theyc an get more of those boxes in a truck than they could envelopes as they stack easily, and as CRC alone sends several trucks to the mainland every day it actualy reduces the truck space required from RM.

i work in logistics and don’t find much logic in that argument. far more likely that a card box is cheaper than a jiffy.

andytherocketeer

For international delivery, definitely (based on when CRC claim to have shipped, and on DP DHL putting the calling card thru the letterbox). Typically working out at about 15 days delivery to Germany. No idea why? Do they just stick standard UK postage on the packet, so RM just stick it in the corner in the “diverted to an alternative service” pile? Crazy that I could drive to NI, collect, and drive back quicker, including 2 overnight ferries.

edit: oh and when I reported undelivered package after 15 working days, they told me to go to my post office to see if it was there! Firstly It was sent RM not Parcelfarce, and has no tracking, Secondly DP are hardly going to believe me without a calling card, and Thirdly, after 15 working days, it would surely have been sent back if RM were reasonably prompt in delivery (DP keep them for 7 working day iirc).

Still, 1 of the German suppliers does it the other way around. Process the order after about 5 working days, then ship with overnight courier.

MrSalmon
    Free Member

Don’t they use boxes all the time because they have robots that do it and it’s overall quicker/cheaper than to get a person to put stuff in the jiffy bags? And the boxes are recycleable.

slowrider
    Free Member

im with peterpoddy on this one

bigjim

all received next day for me on my order last week. in a perfectly sized box too!

FOG

It’s Sheffield. We used to have a postwoman who was a cyclist and was always interested in what I had ordered from CRC but now she’s gone it takes for ever to receive anything from them. I am waiting for a tiny part to finish a build and am wondering how big the box will be!

binners

Curses!!! Looks like its all my bloody fault again! 🙁

I bet I hold the record though. I had a part turn up from CRC about 12 months to the day since I ordered it. Lost in the post for pretty much dead on a year. Very odd!

hora
    Free Member

I have a brand new tyre sat here by my desk that arrived two days after I left for my France holiday. It was bought using a discount voucher for bodyarmour at a low price that never showed up- then a week later I received ‘sorry it doesn’t exist but heres a £5 gift voucher’.

The box that the tyre came in also contained a gift voucher that had expired.

domwells27
    Free Member

Ordered yesterday morning at 9, dispatched at 9:20 arrived this morning at 11. No problems from my last few purchases with them

zippykona

I think the thing is that you used to get the items in a time that you thought was impossible.ie ordered at 4 arrives next day at 10. Now its probably going to be 3 days.
    They used to be the cheapest and the quickest and I would just order from them. Then everything went out of stock and the stock arriving date got put back and back. After that I gave up on them.
    Now I order from the people who give you a packet of sweets as it keeps mrs zip happy.
    PS my LBS are mainly roadie so don’t stock the bits I want.

FOG

Well my order arrived with this mornings post ordered Sun night here Tue morn, not bad apart from the giant box it came in. The wife was accusing me of buying another frame til I showed her the chain checker tool and invoice. It must have cost more to pack and send than the fiver they took for the tool.

trailgod
    Free Member

I agree – delivery been very poor recently.

After waiting the required 7 working days (sat & sun
    not considered working days) I had to ring to complain about non-delivery of my parcel & they had to send another parcel which I
    have only just received today (goods ordered 26.9.11)
    V.poor RCR/Royal Snail
    t/g

radtothepowerofsik
    Free Member

As I’ve left you all on tenterhooks long enough…..

… neither of us got anything.

Tune in tomorrow for another exciting instalment!

radtothepowerofsik
    Free Member

UPDATE: All of the items have now been dispatched. Over to you, RM

radtothepowerofsik
    Free Member

Rather, all of my items have been

jasonm945
    Free Member

Ordered on Sunday and am waiting, I think the problem lies with RM rather than CR.
    With RM having the (almost) monopoly for mail delivery in the UK, they feel that they don’t necessarily have to meet customer needs. Hence when you contact their Customer service desk they can be rude and ignorant!

gboarder
    Free Member

Just talked to CRC, they are still have a large backlog of orders and hope to have them cleared by the weekend – so if you are like me and still waiting to receive some fresh new bits then normal service should be resumed next week.

G

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

same here ordered monday morning – dispatched wednesday afternoon – a bit shit really given there same day dispatch promise, not desperate for this so no that bothered this time, but still pretty crap!

karen805
    Free Member

My latest CRC order is still processing, hopefully it’ll be here by Friday as it’s parts I need before riding this weekend.

Normally they’re fine though, next day delivery. Although I have also had the parts arriving before the dispatch email arrives (normally by a few days too).

spacemonkey

I ordered something last Thursday, got shipment notification on Monday and had it arrive Tuesday. Disappointed seeing they were usually NBD until recently.

JefWachowchow
    Free Member

Ordered my new fivetens Monday night, got a dispatch notification before 9:00 am Tuesday, shoes arrived before midday today.
    Chuffed and smug in my new shoes. 8)

mamadirt
    Free Member

I blame that box machine. Boxed stuff always arrives at least 2 days after the despatch email whereas I received a seat clamp in a jiffy bag yesterday which was despatched on Monday.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 73 total)

The topic ‘have crc discovered the new 3rd class mail?’ is closed to new replies.