Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Havaianas Sizing?
  • tomzo
    Free Member

What size do I want if I’m a size 10 in converses? I can never remember if your meant to size down with flip flops??

Thanks!

Ferris-Beuller
    Free Member

dead easy! go and try some on in a shop!

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Havaianas??? They’re like, sooooooooo two seasons ago!!!

thomthumb
    Free Member

i am 10 in converse and 42 in haviannas fit but my toes are out the end…

RudeBoy
    Free Member

How much are they??? £20 or something? When they’re only about 3 quid, in Brazil? What a proper rip-off. And before they became trendy, they cost a lot less.

I can’t believe people are paying £20 for a pair of basic mass-produced flip-flops. You do realise they are nothing better than most other rubber flip-flops, don’t you? £2 a pair down my local market.

The whole point, if you really want to appear ‘cool’ and trendy’, is to have been to Brasil, and picked up a pair at local prices. Or at least had a pair bought for you there.

Ebay have some at £8-9 a pair, which is a lot more reasonable.

£20 for a pair of **** flip flops; the World’s gone mayd!

tomzo
    Free Member

well aside from the fact that my mates getting me a free pair, great rant.

Thanks thomthumb!

RudeBoy
    Free Member

Then that’s perfectly ok, then, tomzo! 😀

I first saw a pair a few years ago; a flatmate had a pair she got from a trip to South America. Then I noticed them becoming more popular, here. And when I saw a pair in a shop, for £20, I just thought ‘that’s utterly ridiculous’.

Some people are just stupid fashion whores, mind, and will pay owt for what they perceive to be ‘cool’.

tomzo
    Free Member

Admittedly I do completely agree with you. £20 on rubber flip flops is expensive! It’s weird how certain brands do so well in becoming the “only one worth having” with relatively little advertising? Havaianas for flip flops, Weber for BBQ’s, Ray ban for sunglasses etc etc.

vinnyeh

Five or six years ago it was quite viable to finance a good portion of a trip to Brazil by bringing back a couple of dozen or so pair of Havaianas in your backpack.
    I’m not normally a big backer of ‘rip off uk’ syndrome either, but it’s a bit odd that havaianas are only about 10 dollars in the US as well.

It’s weird how certain brands do so well in becoming the “only one worth having” with relatively little advertising?

Not sure how ‘relatively little advertising’ and ‘rayban’ fit in the same sentence.

tomzo
    Free Member

ok excusing ray bans (although its only in the last few years that they’ve had all these random parties, opening do’s and gigs, no?). But I’ve never seen an advert for Weber or Havaianas.

RudeBoy
    Free Member

I think it’s probbly ‘cos some celeb was photied wearing a pair, and then ‘fashion editors’ pick up on this, and before you know it, they’re the latest ‘must-have’.

Nowt wrong with them; they’re fairly decent quality flip-flops, but £20 a pair? You must be on Crack.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Havaianas Sizing?’ is closed to new replies.