Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Has Aston Hill dried up?
  • timidwheeler

Anyone been to Aston Hill recently? Is it still the too slippy to push up in five tens? 👿

makkag
    Free Member

will let you know tomorrow im taking my winter boots just in case

Trimix
    Free Member

I’ve not been to Aston Hill recently, but the rest of the Chilterns is wetter than an Otters pocket.

You will probably need crampons to get up, only to crash into every tree on the way down.

gaberin
    Free Member

I went a week or so ago and the push up was fine.. It was my first time there so don’t have much to compare it to.

Trimix
    Free Member

Its very steep, so may not actually be muddy, just very slippery. Chalk and roots slippery.

The bottom will be muddy, so you get a soft landing 🙂

timidwheeler

Cheers Makkag. That would be really useful.

zip
    Free Member

I was there yesterday and it was still quite slippery and claggy mud. Ended up doing the xc route as it was more manageable.

hughjayteens
    Free Member

No! I rode there last Sunday and had to stop and de-mud my bike before I could ride it back up! Very claggy but all rideable and as challenging as it always is when it’s wet.

I love it equally when it’s wet or dry – totally different challenge but great either way. Only usually manager 6 runs with a pedal back up when it’s wet versus 8-9 in the dry,

johnny

s2a is probably running about right, the dry would have probably dried up any puddles on that? Other than that I wouldn’t risk to comment! Last time I went, there was that funny dust stuff about…

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Has Aston Hill dried up?’ is closed to new replies.