• This topic has 8 replies, 5 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by core.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Has anyone tried any of the TransX dropper posts from Bikediscount?
  • Potdog
    Free Member

Just browsing through the pages of dropper posts as looking to go to an internally routed post and saw some TranzX posts for less than 100E which seems damned cheap. But maybe they do the job.
    Anyone been brave enough to try one?

Cheers

grahamt1980

Yep. Got one on a hard tail.
    It’s working fine so far, bit short in terms of length so make sure you know just how long a seat post you need

Potdog
    Free Member

Short is good, max 100mm drop or it’s too long for my short legs 😀
    What do you make of the build quality, look OK for the money?

Potdog
    Free Member

Out of stock in the end so went for a KS Cruxi from sprocketscycles.com.
    Cheaper than bikediscount by the time they put the 20% vat on the price.

olderigetfasteriwas
    Free Member

Yep, I took a punt on one of the stealth ones. Had it for around 4 months, no problems, I’m using a KS Southpaw remote, but the supplied one is ok.
    Takes quite a lot of weighting to push it down, but return action is nice and controlled and no play as yet, overall very happy with it.

Potdog
    Free Member

Cheers guys, my other question was whether it is infinitely adjustable or just set positions? I can’t seem to see that nugget of info anywhere.
    I might give a couple of these a shot on my rental bikes when they’re back in stock.

grahamt1980

Infinite adjustment on mine.
    By short length i meant the overall length not just the available adjustment

jointhedotz
    Free Member

Been using mine since xmas, for the money i can’t fault it tbh. It’s started not quite returning to full extension (just a few mm short) sometimes but that probably just means it needs a service soon. Other than that, finish is good, no marks on stanctions etc. Good enough that I recommended it to 2 friends.

core

I’ve got the TransX, had it since last autumn I guess, used in all sorts of conditions, always works fine, remote works ok but I’m about to upgrade mine I think. Mine has developed a tiny, tiny bit of rotational play at the saddle, but you don’t notice it when riding, only when handling the bike.

Fancied a RaceFace remote – £45 Fox is £60! FFS!

KS Southpaw ‘only’ £30………….

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Has anyone tried any of the TransX dropper posts from Bikediscount?’ is closed to new replies.