Viewing 23 posts - 41 through 63 (of 63 total)
  • Has anyone here broken an On-one Inbred?
  • allankelly

PP: No, those are the bits I'd need to convert to 29. So, if I got half what I need towards the conversion, then ebaying wheels, etc around the garage would make it up.

al.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

He admitted that on your brothers classified thread?!

Yup. You've met Rob (Robdob, rides a Pitch with white bars, he's my brother), ask him about it on the next Peaks ride. He wasn't happy about it at all.

hora
    Free Member

Ah yes- I noticed he suddenly gets very intense/serious looking when he sees the trail point downwards!

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Hora, here you go, no need to ask –

"I really must do something about that chainstay clearance"

he suddenly gets very intense/serious looking when he sees the trail point downwards

Only because he's to unfit to climb! 😉

hora
    Free Member

I'll tell you that secret later.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Shh. They'll all want one! 8)

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Actaully Hora, I might be getting up to the Peaks sometime this year (50/50 chance) I'll let you know if I do, you might be able to show me round. 🙂

hora
    Free Member

PeterPoddy – definitely. I know a few good routes now. I havent been to the Lakes much due to falling inlove with the Peaks 🙁

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

goog snapped his

RestlessNative
    Free Member

"Most people who had one reported the problem at the time, and AFAIK mine is the only one that was modded and cured of it"

I indented the chainstay on mine after Brant condoned it on a thread here, got a good bit more clearance and changed to 22/36 which I think is much less sucky anyway

It got a few nasty scrapes before I did that but as that was 2.5 years ago or so and it's still together I guess no harm was done. I'd be gutted if I snapped it, the chainring clearance is it's only let down really

markenduro
    Free Member

Trigger, I might be interested in your broken one, if you want shut of it let me know.
    Bent the mech hanger on my steel 456 like PP (fixed with lots of TLC and a BFO hammer!!) and had an early ti456 break at the chainstay/disc mount join which was replaced under warranty with no issues.

robdob
    Free Member

Only because he's to unfit to climb!

Hang on a minute!!!!

Right, thats it, outside now. Bring ya Bombers.

(and cake if MrsPP has any spare…)

😉

robdob
    Free Member

He wasn't happy about it at all.

Yup.

Won't buy another thing designed by Brant as long as I live.

Wouldn't ride anything by him even if it was free.

robdob
    Free Member

As regards to my fitness, I agree I am no marathon man. I've always been a good sprinter, did district level sprinting for my school. I have always struggled with endurance.
    I went out on my road bike with a friend of mine who does time trials etc and is super fit. There was one point in the ride where I sprinted through a traffic light junction and overtook 3 cars. When he caught me up down the road he admitted that he just couldn't keep up with me and dropped way back. Should've been a track rider!!

Sorry to hijack thread a bit… 🙂

beefy

Mmmmmmmm, got a 456 summer season, (btw hi rob and pete), I picked it up the other day, I mean literally picked it up, by the seat tube to lift it over a trail obstacle, wasn't a wall or anything, honest and there was a loud crack sound from the frame. Had a good look and can't see anything.

Is it just going to implode and suck me into a black hole soon?

SiCole
    Free Member

Cracked the downtube of my Tinbred late week,pisser…….

druidh
    Free Member

That's it – I'm sticking to carbon frames in future.

Tinbred
    Free Member

Yer all must be clumsy, the only thing mine has broken is me. and this included hauling half a V8 engine on a BOB trailer.

cynic-al
    Free Member

Lovely yellow accents.

hora
    Free Member

SiCole and cynic-al need shooting! the Tinbred obviously committed sepuku 😆

Thing is, why buy a heavy hardtail frame when you can nowadays buy sorted full-suss frames for the SAME weight?

Luddite bike designing 😉

cynic-al
    Free Member

Apologies, I thought my sacracsm would have been obvious.

hora
    Free Member

I rescind the Fatwah on cynic-al

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Thing is, why buy a heavy hardtail frame when you can nowadays buy sorted full-suss frames for the SAME weight?

Luddite bike designing

My 853 is 4lb 10oz, IIRC. I weighed it before I built it up. (I know it's 1/2lb lighter than a standard Inbred too, because I had one of those too)
    I dare you to find a FS frame that's lighter than that….Are there any? Yeti ASR maybe?

🙂

Viewing 23 posts - 41 through 63 (of 63 total)

The topic ‘Has anyone here broken an On-one Inbred?’ is closed to new replies.