Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Has anyone dealt with Nintendo over faulty game??
  • cheekyget
    Free Member

When Mario kart 8 first came out I got it as a family game.
    Then a update came though…and then the problems came …the game froze during races to a point where we stopped playing…don’t worry I said give it a few months and there will be a newer update and it will fix it, so the fame didn’t get played for while.
    2 months ago I thought…hey we got Mario kart 8 , there must be a update so we can all play again….well there was but now the game just didn’t work anymore

So I contact Nintendo ….and they paid for the game plus the proof of purchase (£38) so they could check it out!!

Today I get a letter from them…telling me what I’ve already told them…and for them to fix it I have to pay £31?????
    Which pretty much mean …they ain’t fixing nothing ,but want me to buy the game again!!
    Can this be right ??

trail_rat
    Free Member

so you would have been happier had they NOT bought the game back for investigation.

and just paid for postage – then sent you out a new copy of the game ?

which is essentially what they have done – and in your shoes once they bought it back id have been off buying a new copy if thats what i wanted.

legend
    Free Member

What are they charging you the £31 for? Damaged disc or something?

br
    Free Member

So let me get this right, you’ve saved £7?

nealglover
    Free Member

So let me get this right, you’ve saved £7?

Exactly what I was thinking.

Got a refund, great.
    Offered a discount of £7 to get the game again, great.

Still not happy ?

cheekyget
    Free Member

No…..I don’t get a refund……I’ve got to pay £31 for them to “fix it”….. Even tho I’ve already paid £38 for it
    So in total I will have to pay £69 for Mario kart 8

eckinspain
    Free Member

but haven’t they paid you £38 also?

nealglover
    Free Member

So I contact Nintendo ….and they paid for the game plus the proof of purchase (£38) so they could check it out!!

Bregante

Was the game £31 (which they’ve refunded you) and the additional £7 was what it cost you to post it? (Which they have also refunded you)

cheekyget
    Free Member

Sorry…my bad……blinking iPad keeps changing words around

I paid £38 originally ….but it doesn’t work …sent it to Nintendo ….and they want me to pay £31 to fix it??

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Has anyone dealt with Nintendo over faulty game??’ is closed to new replies.