Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Has anybody bought a PRONGHORN yet?
  • santac
    Free Member

Just interested as I'm thinking hard about one

DickBarton

Not bought one but ridden a couple as a mate has opened a bike shop that sells them…very nice but they look slightly unconventional…if looks don't bother you they are very nice bikes…if looks do bother you then they aren't as good (but the ride is very very good).

davidrussell
    Free Member

got one on demo (prt-6). for a long travel bike it climbs like a demon and feels extremely capable on the way down – i'm very impressed with it. very light and capable machine. Where are you based?

santac
    Free Member

High Wycombe been out on the xc one today and was very impressed felt like someone was pushing me along! And the conditions are getting quite crappy now so with that in mind I couldn't belive how good it was but to get one I would have to sell my Heckler which in all honesty is way to much bike for me

davidrussell
    Free Member

aye – acceleration, ability to climb out of the saddle and lack of bob is noticeable, esp. with pro-pedal on. love it in white too!

santac
    Free Member

Thats the bad news they only do the xc one in carbon or black

nuttysquirrel
    Free Member

It's all about the black for me. My Fritzz is too much bike really so I prefer the 100mm Pronghorn for when I've got my wits about me and the 150mm the rest of the time (I'm 5'11" and would fit the 17.5" Trail if it weren't for the short stem).

jimmy

I can't take them seriously after a friend told me that Adam & Joe (BBC DJs) use 'Prong' as a word for, well, schlong. Together with 'Horn'… Although I guess its no worse than Cocktail *pfffffft*

rootes1

<<esp. with pro-pedal on>>

still think if a sus design needs pro pedal to help it out then the design is flawed..

DickBarton

Santac – just sell it – you've admitted it's too much bike for you so why the issue in selling it? If it allows you to get the bike you want then do it…

soobalias
    Free Member

i dont really understand "too much bike for me"

theheckler
    Free Member

Maybe I should have said all I ride is xc in the chilterns and swinley and don't do airtime so feel 150mm travel both ends is "too much" for what I do.
    And now with a few health problems the heckler will never get used as it should.

theheckler
    Free Member

Just noticed signed in on my sons account but I'm santac

santac
    Free Member

anybody else ?

gee
    Free Member

Well they have the bike dimensions printed on the tubes. Makes for fascinating conversation.

Other than that, they look ok.

GB

br
    Free Member

Once you accept its too much bike, just get rid – or break and sell the bits you don't want.

I did this with my 6" Enduro, sold the frame/shock, but kept everything else and now find that attached to a H/T its far more fun – and more importantly doesn't feel like its going to get me into (so much) trouble…

I see you are in HW, we were looking at an Orange ST4 in Buckingham Bikes (Aylesbury) on Friday – is that the kind of thing you are after?

santac
    Free Member

Looks like there might be a large white 09 Heckler for sale (with rp23)

Meles
    Free Member

I'v ridden one for a few demos. It rides great and I loved the easy handling. My father is selling his PR6 LT, because he ist more a XC- and Road-Racer, so he needs not such a trailmachine. It was ridden only a few times and looks like new.

If you are interested in the details or have questions, mail to: info@ridefirst.de

Picture:

Ride on,
    Marc

DickBarton

Mate has just ordered one…spec is rather nice and so is the price!

Meles
    Free Member

Here is a LT in Action ➡

Meles
    Free Member

Is pronghorn popular in the UK? Over here in Germany the design is not accepted at all. Some love it, some hate it!

Sam

I can't take them seriously after a friend told me that Adam & Joe (BBC DJs) use 'Prong' as a word for, well, schlong. Together with 'Horn'…

It sounded pretty suggestive right from the start to me.

Oggles
    Free Member

Meles
    Free Member

I don't like carbon at all.

What I have seen on a demo event: The cables were not in a correct position, so that they damaged the frame. On the LT of my father, we put them in a correct way!

Ride on,
    Marc

Meles
    Free Member

Does anyone know, which is the biggest danish bike community in the web?

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

The topic ‘Has anybody bought a PRONGHORN yet?’ is closed to new replies.