Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Harp Hilly this w/e anyone.
  • oldgit
    Free Member

This Sunday the Hilly kicks off the Chiltern Classics. Its quite a toughy for these parts its graded with an 8.

aP
    Free Member

Probably (I think), not sure about the 100, but most likely trudging round the short one.

oldgit
    Free Member

Nice one. Im using the cross bike purely for the compact chainset. So hopefully see you.

elgolfo

ahh the memories…. this was my first ‘proper’ ride when I was 13. I’d got a new double clanger for Chrimbo so thought my lead-piped Carlton Circuit was the proverbial dogs b’s. Needless to say I was off in the 1st group, went straight out the back, and repeat for all the subsequent groups! Someone very kindly gave me a lift up Bison Hill & gave me a few biscuits but I still bonked badly a bit later on. I finished, but no idea in what time, but it took a further few hours to ride home. Didn’t touch the bike again for a few weeks after that!

Jase
    Free Member

No 🙁

oldgit
    Free Member

Bumpety bump.

This weekend, total classic for a fiver.

Rochey
    Free Member

I thought that was next weekend. Shame I was going to do that but am away this weekend 🙁

O and the memories of the “RACE”, first outing on the race bike, happy days.

Enjoy

oldgit
    Free Member

Final bump.

Just off to barricade myself in the bedroom while my daughters 18th kicks off.
    Gonna be grumpy in the morning.

aP
    Free Member

Going to go out with Kingston tomorrow instead.

oldgit
    Free Member

miss you 😉

aP
    Free Member

Hehe. Are you doing that cx ride next weekend?

oldgit
    Free Member

Not 100% sure.

oldgit
    Free Member

Forgot how hard that one is. Took 4.11 to get round, which is dissapointing but the fast (18.5MPH)was to big a shout. And we were passing riders in numbers so I feel I can keep my head held high.

Rochey
    Free Member

oldgit well done, I would be please with that,

Do you ride for a local team?

james-o
    Free Member

just scraped into the A group time but felt it yesterday ) rode with a bunch until Northchurch common so i expect that helped.

good ride though, will do it again.

oldgit
    Free Member

Rochey, no I don’t to slow for the fast lot and too quick for everyone else. I race unattached.

james-o. Good going is that a sub 3.30? We tried to hook up, but rode alone the pair of us. Mate was on s Pinerello with moustache bars and I was on a cross bike…the odd couple.
    Who do you ride for?

oldgit
    Free Member

james-o deffo good going, you were knocking on the door of the 1st cats I know.

ap I wont be at the CX Sportive this weekend, planning a 100 miler if the weather holds…..any lurkers fancy a go?

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Harp Hilly this w/e anyone.’ is closed to new replies.