Viewing 17 posts - 121 through 137 (of 137 total)
  • Hardtails – Outdated
  • whosthedaddy
    Free Member

Having done both Walna and Garburn on both my HT and FS, they both set difficult challenges, but both equally as good.

It really boils down to personal choice, one minute I love the HT next run I prefere the FS 😉

whosthedaddy
    Free Member

Like I said personal choice is the word.

joemarshall
    Free Member

Pedal bikes are outdated, it'd all be much easier on a motorbike. Plus you'd get to wear leather and look like a member of the village people. Bonus.

Wozza
    Free Member

J-Cloth, i'm happy you've got a bike your having fun on… that's what it's all about, if you posted a pic and it looked the tits i'd have complimented you on it, but i resent being told i'm in the dark ages because I've got a steel hardtail and not a carbon susser.

I've tried rigids, hardtails, softails and 3-5 inch sussers over the years and i'm back on a hardtail, for me its more fun but i can tell you riding took the same amount of time on pretty much everything so i guess the speed is down to the rider! There's always a period where on the new bike i've said "this is miles faster than the last!" but it never lasts!

Top trolling though. 9/10

grumm,

2Hottie: There is nothing better than beating one of those smug twunts on FS bikes down a nice big rock filled decent ie Walnar scar. It's even better when they ask to go in front because they are on an FS bike like it's a god given right, an you still catch them up.

Oh dear.

I love you Grumm with your predictable disappointment to anyone having a bit of none PC fun, but at bike racing? That's a new low mate. 😉

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

…and look like a member of the village people.

you missed out having sex with Hell's Angels…

clubber
    Free Member

The Village People had sex with Hell's Angels?! 😯

barnsleymitch
    Free Member

If the OP is correct, then I have a nice Yeti ARC that I need to get rid of – anybody interested, free to a good home, etc.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

I could go for a free Yeti!
    🙂

barnsleymitch
    Free Member

You and me both PP!

grumm
    Free Member

I love you Grumm with your predictable disappointment to anyone having a bit of none PC fun, but at bike racing? That's a new low mate

I enjoy actual bike races, I just think that having an imaginary race against someone who doesn't know they are in a race then bragging about it on the internet is a bit sad.

If I saw Linford Christie walking down the street, I wouldn't run past him, then brag on an internet forum that I was faster than him 🙂

PJ266
    Free Member

I thoroughly enjoy beating people on full sussers downhill, makes me feel warm inside.

emac65
    Free Member

Ther sure are some gullible people on here…. 🙄

mark_b
    Free Member

I enjoy actual bike races, I just think that having an imaginary race against someone who doesn't know they are in a race then bragging about it on the internet is a bit sad.

Nicely put 🙂

And funniest thread for me for ages – can't believe people get so worked up about this kind of post. Nice work j-claw !

paulrockliffe
    Free Member

But the descents are always a race, everyone knows that!

Wozza
    Free Member

I just think that having an imaginary race against someone who doesn't know they are in a race…

Next you'll be telling me you don't give yourself commentary when you're descending? 😉

Try it, next time you're on you hardtail and you pass a full suss give it a bit of "oh yes, he's only gone and f**king done him!"

Paul's right… the descents ALWAYS a race!!

ChristoGinger
    Free Member

if it's easier on a full sus you aint goin' fast enuff!!!

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

You and me both PP!

Aww. And here's me thinking you were serious. Bugger.
    😉

Viewing 17 posts - 121 through 137 (of 137 total)

The topic ‘Hardtails – Outdated’ is closed to new replies.