Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Hardtail with ISCG05 ?
  • Kristoffer_DK
    Free Member

Hi,

I like riding with 9 gears, meaning no front derailleur and a ISCG05 setup. However, I just messed up my fully and while I slowly kill it completely, I'm looking for another frame. I think I'd like a hardtail, but I'll really like to keep my ISCG05 setup. I know Evil Sovereign and Banshee Sirocco, but is there any other models worth looking at?

Thank you in advance,
    Kristoffer

ChatsworthMusters
    Free Member

My P7 has them.

giantjason
    Free Member

DB alpine

Kristoffer_DK
    Free Member

Thanks – it looks great. I live en Denmark though… so I'd like to have some different options (the shipping limits the number of possible sellers).

Dialled Bikes Alpine has ISCG not ISCG 05. Never really seen the point in changing to 05 as none of the 200 customers who have Alpines and Holeshots have complained about having ISCG "old" rather than 05.

GW
    Free Member

pretty stupid way to choose a frame when you can get an ISCG05 to BB mount adapter for about £10-15.

trusz
    Free Member

Cotic BFe!

Kristoffer_DK
    Free Member

@GW – The reason I wanted ISCG05-mounts on the frame, was because I ruined the bb-thread on my Kona Dawg Dee Lux frame due to the BB-mount. So… I don't think that it's that stupid to look for the proper way to mount it.

alpin
    Free Member

I'm soon-to-be selling a DB Alpine (15/21)…. i'm in germany so not too far away from you.

GW
    Free Member

how exactly did a BB mounted boomerang ruin the BB shell threads?

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

I'll be selling my Dialled Alpine 17/22 in the next few days unless my mate keeps it.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

i've heard/seen a few frame with the mounts filed off and BB mouts fitted

– they dont snap, just twist out the way if you realy clout them

– they can be adjusted to any angle

– they allow the BB to be faced (you cant face a steel frame with chain guide tabs)

Also, doesnt need to be ISCG05 on a hardtail as theres less need to adjust it t get arround suspension woes.

Kristoffer_DK
    Free Member

@GW: Well, I don't know how it happened, but I guess the bashguard put too much pressure on the bb, when I hit a root or a stone. Perhaps this would have been avoided if the ISCG was mounted directly on the frame – correct me if I'm wrong.

Though my bb thread is almost ruined, I managed to take off the chainguard and mount the middle ring and a bashguard – now it's riding again (well, my chain only fell off once on a two-hour ride yesterday).

BUT! I'll keep my eyes open for Evil Sovereigns and DB Alpines.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Hardtail with ISCG05 ?’ is closed to new replies.