Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Hardtail – Upgrade or Buy New…
  • LittleNose
    Free Member

I’ve a 2012 Zaskar ‘comp’ which I’m wondering if I should spend the cash to upgrade parts, or just go out and buy a new hardtail such as the Whyte 901 (650B).

My main frustration lies with the weight; it’s heavier than my FS (carbon Zesty).
    I’ve already changed the brakes, but the other parts I think I’d be looking to upgrade are:
    The forks – still has the RockShox Recon
    Original wheels seem heavy
    Add a shorter stem
    Add riser bars

thoughts / advice?

YoKaiser
    Free Member

If it fits and you like the way it rides then I’d upgrade. Should be fairly easy to shift a fair bit of weight. EBay and the classifieds for those 26″ bargains. Fork and wheels look like a great starting point.

MoreCashThanDash

I upgraded my Mk1 Soul last year, from a fairly chubby build to a svelte XT, carbon, Reba supermodel

MrsMC probably wants to do the same to me now!

LittleNose
    Free Member

Cheers guys, I’ll have a look around and see what I can pick up to drop some weight and make it ‘mine’ at the same time.

rico70

Littlenose

I have a Canyon Grand Canyon 29er hard tail for sale at the moment. Drop me an email if you are interested.

LittleNose
    Free Member

cheers for posting up an option rico, but I’ve already started buying bits with some SID’s on the way

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Hardtail – Upgrade or Buy New…’ is closed to new replies.