Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 44 total)
  • Hamilton DQ’d from Aus GP
  • piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

from autosport.com

Lewis Hamilton has been disqualified from the Australian Grand Prix and Jarno Trulli’s post-race penalty rescinded, giving the Toyota driver third place again.

The two drivers had been summoned to meet the stewards in Malaysia this morning after new evidence came to light regarding their incident behind the safety car, which saw Trulli regain third place from Hamilton under yellow having slid off the road.

Trulli had insisted that Hamilton had slowed dramatically and allowed him past, but the stewards originally opted to give the Italian a 25 second penalty for illegal overtaking, dropping him to 12th in the results and elevating Hamilton onto the podium.

That decision has now been reversed and Hamilton thrown out of the Melbourne results.

druidh
    Free Member
    Stu

Jesus, they really aren’t doing themselves any favours. Can’t see much point in watching a GP if the results are going to change every day after it.

I doubt I’m alone in this, tis a farce!

RooleyMoor
    Free Member

ooooh! Interesting 😀

I think it’s a bit harsh that he’s been DQ’d though.

GaryLake
    Free Member

🙄

Shame, I felt the race was quite exciting for a change!

J0N
    Free Member

It is getting very hard to be bothered watching it.
    Although it was all change in terms of teams at the front I thought Sunday was still much of a precession.

druidh
    Free Member

I think he was DQ’d for lying. Bit silly telling the stewards a story when they’ve the radio chatter available.

thepurist

Stu – why a farce? Rules appeared to have been broken so a driver was penalised. It then turns out that the decision to penalise that driver was based on a lie, so the liar is penalised and the innocent party reinstated. Seems like pretty spot on reaction to me and one that can happen in any sport – is football a farce because yellow cards are overturned? Is rugby a farce because players are cited after the match based on video evidence that the ref missed? Or is it just fashionable to bash F1 at the mo?

Seems like the golden boy’s shine is starting to fade this year.

footstomper
    Free Member

F1 is now getting beyond a joke, every race there is someone disputing either another teams car or else a minor incident out on the track. its making a f-cking mockery of the sport 👿

jimster
    Free Member

Hamilton had told Speed TV after the race that Trulli went wide onto the grass at the second to last corner.

“I was forced to go by. I slowed down as much as I could. I was told to let him back past, I don’t know if that’s the regulations, and if it isn’t, then I should have really had third,” said the Briton.

The whole team deserve to be DQ’d for not knowing the rules!!

Speshpaul

Last sunday was the best thing that had happened to F1 for years. The old order had been given a good shake up, The whole Brawn story was like a fairy tale. And a race that was a race from start to finsih- from 1st to last place. Brillant stuff.

Now we have the those* in the FIA who weren’t happy on the day racing in the back rooms again.

* i’m not going to say words like, racist, corrupt, perverted has beens. But some might.

So its a summer of Superbikes and MotoGP.

Stu

A farce because its pretty much the only sport where the results constantly change after the event. For example referees in football or rugby get things wrong now and again but it doesn’t end up in the court room afterwards changing the results.

As I said there isn’t much point in watching a race any more as its pretty much guaranteed that some technicality will be raised to change the result after it!

higgo
    Free Member

thepurist…why a farce? …is football a farce because yellow cards are overturned? Is rugby a farce because players are cited after the match …

Big difference there is that the result on the day stands. I have never walked away from a football or rugby match having seen my team win to find out later that officials/lawyers have had a little think about it and they actually lost.

Having said that, if Hamilton has lied (cheated) he should be punished. Punishment should take the form of banning from future races or loss of points.

So if I ruled F1, the situation would be that the results of the race would have seen Trulli 3rd and Hamilton 4th as they were when they crossed the line. Trulli would have 6points and Hamilton 5pts for the race. Then by way of punishment for lying to the stewards I give Hamilton a 10pt penalty so he starts the next race on -5pts.

The-Beard

HAM is on record as having said he slowed to let TRU past. Not sure why he did it or what the hell happened. Let’s just hope it’s the only instance of this kind to bugger up this years racing.

Though I do have a sneaking suspicion Ferrari were throwing their spaghetti around and trying to think of a way of stripping Mclaren of their points…

thepurist

its pretty much the only sport where the results constantly change after the event

So nothing like the other minor sports that are athletics, horse racing or (shock) cycling then? It’s not that uncommon for people to be DQ’d after the event in those, and especially with (alleged) drugs cheats it can drag on with appeals galore. Of course F1 differs in that their are both technical (car) and sporting (driver) infringements, so there’s more scope for issues to arise.

hora
    Free Member

That was the last straw for me. Its a farce to keep Toyota in the sport. I bet the diffuser arguement is thrown out as well. Ties in with the arguement between Bernie, Mclaren and another team over monies owed and refusal to sign a new concorde agreement where the Toyota representive stayed silent/out of it.

That was definitely the last straw- mixing round results like that smacks of indecision at worse and manipulation behind the scene.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

this is getting beyond a joke!

Hammilton’s behaviour should have been held up as an example of how to behave in F1, in no way shape or form could he benifit form letting Trulli back past, except maybe if he hadn’t then the stewards would probably have DQ’d him for overtaking.

If it gets any more silly it may as well be sailing, which is actualy quite interesting to watch as everyone knows the rules inside out.

So with a sailing mentality the leader behind the SC would slow right down in order to either force the people behind to stall (and retire) or overtake (and be DQ’d). Actualy thats not such a bad idea, could make the drivers do doughnuts rather than drive throughs!

thepurist

TINAS –

Hammilton’s behaviour should have been held up as an example of how to behave in F1

Autosport reports :

“A statement issued by the stewards said: “The Stewards having considered the new elements presented to them from the 2009 Australian Formula One Grand Prix, consider that driver No 1 Lewis Hamilton and the competitor Vodafone McLaren Mercedes acted in a manner prejudicial to the conduct of the event by providing evidence deliberately misleading to the Stewards at the hearing on Sunday 29th March 2009, a breach of Article 151c of the International Sporting Code.

“Under Article 158 of the International Sporting Code the driver No 1 Lewis Hamilton and the competitor Vodafone McLaren Mercedes are excluded from the race classification for the 2009 Australian Grand Prix and the classification is amended accordingly.”

Further to the Hamilton decision, the race stewards have scrapped the penalty against Trulli and he has now been awarded third place for the Australian Grand Prix.”

It’s not about what happened on track – it’s about what happened at the stewards hearing. Hamilton lied to gain an advantage and has now been found out. What bit of that should be “held up as an example of how to behave”? If it’s such great behaviour, maybe I should enter the Tdf then tell the timekeepers that the rest of the field took a shortcut so I should be the winner???

Bimbler
    Free Member

Though I do have a sneaking suspicion Ferrari were throwing their spaghetti around and trying to think of a way of stripping Mclaren of their points…

I love the fact that when those non cheating non lying nice chaps from Mclaren get found out there always seem to be a conspiracy theory convinced it’s Ferrari’s fault.

hora
    Free Member

convinced it’s Ferrari’s fault.

FIA wants to bring new teams in and keep the other team sweet. They want to disolve BOTH Ferraris and Mclarens hold and domination on the sport.

thepurist

Hora – is this the same FIA that was accused of being FIArrari last year? And now you say they want Ferrari out of the limelight? My, how times change….

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

missed the bit about the enquiry afterwards, but letting him back pased just seems sportsmanlike to me.

Trimix
    Free Member

Haveing so much to loose makes cheating more attractive.

jimster
    Free Member

missed the bit about the enquiry afterwards, but letting him back pased just seems sportsmanlike to me.

It’s the bit of how Hamilton told the stewards Trulli passed that’s got him disqualified.

Trulli drove a good race, started from the pit lane to finish 3rd, fair play to the bloke.

thepurist

Stewards Decision from the FIA

Shame the stewards didn’t have access to the team radio recordings when they made the first decision.

RooleyMoor
    Free Member
    Bruce

Yawn

Tracker1972
    Free Member

I was bitching about the podium never being right when Trulli vanished, at least the podium is now right again I suppose. Just wish the podium was it more often, scrutinise, pass or fail the cars, race, penalise any major rule breaking if needed, weigh/measure post race/pre podium.
    Done.
    Any appeal etc after that can only result in clarification for the future.
    Flexibility in interpretation is only cheating if you didn’t think of it, give them some bleedin’ freedom back!

druidh
    Free Member

Who’s been a naughty boy then??

RooleyMoor
    Free Member

lol

pinnochi-amilton!

baronspudulike
    Free Member

I think DQ’ing Hamilton is somewhat harsh, maybe a time penalty or losing some grid positions in the next GP. But I’d just prefer the officals in F1 to collect all the information and take their time before coming to a decision, hopefully then the right one, rather than making one decision and then changing their minds everyday as they find out more. Makes them look like a bunch of jokers.

druidh
    Free Member

baronspudulike – Member

I think DQ’ing Hamilton is somewhat harsh, maybe a time penalty or losing some grid positions in the next GP. But I’d just prefer the officals in F1 to collect all the information and take their time before coming to a decision, hopefully then the right one, rather than making one decision and then changing their minds everyday as they find out more. Makes them look like a bunch of jokers.

If everyone had told the truth, they wouldn’t be in this mess now.

baronspudulike
    Free Member

Yes but in the real world everybody doesn’t just fess up with the truth, which is why the officials should perform a complete investigation to find the truth and punish as laid down in the sports regulations.

hora
    Free Member

It wasnt in the sports interests to enact this DQ. It should have been left to ride, reason? There are too many **** ups happening with Stewards at the moment. They need to get their house in order first. Pity Ferrari, Mclaren and another’ etc cant walk away from the sport at the moment – they need F1 for their other interests, Mclarens road car division, Ferrari to sell cars- lets face it, great engines but its not the best supercar(s) out there anymore is it? Alot of competition in the last 5yrs to erode their core (car) market.

hora
    Free Member

[list=1]Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee I said something coherent 💡 …. Corr 🙂 if anyone pulls apart my arguement I will kick you in the cock! 🙄 😆

Dan67
    Free Member

Hamilton is an idiot the whole of mclaren are idiots. They should have settled for 4th and taken those points instead of cocking about. The they now have 0 points between them and ferrari which will probably be quite vital when we its gets hot under the colar with their car not performing at its best.
    Anyway I hope brawn do very well this year they at least dont have the budget behind them so will be interesting to see if they can stay at the front for very long.

LordSummerisle
    Free Member

The whole team deserve to be DQ’d for not knowing the rules!!

Hamilton knew the rules – he stated to Martin over the radio that Trulli had run off the track, and he had passed him.

the Team not knowing this… or how much trulli had run off felt it better to be safe and allow Trulli to pass… while trying to clarity things with Charlie, the race director (the man who said he felt Hamilton had done enough to give the place back to Kimi at Spa… at the time) race control was too busy to answer McLaren’s question… in the argument over the radio hamilton has slowed and Trulli goes by.

but i’d rather read a transcript of trullis and hamiltons interview by the stewards in the first meeting, rather than an interpritation/report on the meeting.

hora
    Free Member

I’m joining the F1 haters, F1 is appalling now. Run by idiots. Look at what else the FIA oversee- WRC Rally run with Ford’s and Citroens.

ronjeremy
    Free Member

hora in valuable contribution shocker!!!!

hora – Member

I’m joining the F1 haters, F1 is appalling now. Run by idiots. Look at what else the FIA oversee- WRC Rally run with Ford’s and Citroens.

oh no it wasn’t sorry, no change there then!

LordSummerisle
    Free Member

in some ways its how you view these things.

hamilton passed Trulli while Trulli was off circuit.

afterwards – Trulli says hamilton slowed significantly… so he repassed him.
    martin says look at the telemetry from hamiltons car, that hamilton didnt slow, and his lap time at that point was comparative to other lap times behind the safety car, and that he didnt slow.

now over the radio the team told hamilton to let trulli past… hamilton doesnt want to – but trulli comes past afterwards team says stay infront of trulli but too late.

now in the stewards meeting hamilton apparently says no instruction was given… initally a instruction was given, then a second instruction was given… then a 3rd instruction was given.
    basically – 1st let him by, 2nd dont let him by, 3rd hold station in 4th and we’ll take it up after the race.

so – after a long race, with a confusing ending.. the drivers are summoned to a meeting to explain things – hamilton says the team says hold station in 3rd…but truli has gone by.

so did hamilton slow… or did he not?

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 44 total)

The topic ‘Hamilton DQ’d from Aus GP’ is closed to new replies.