Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 108 total)
  • Hadleigh Farm roll call
  • njee20
    Free Member

Are the £45 tickets for the 3000 seated grandstand?

That’s what I’ve assumed, although I intend to go out on the course.

I figured it was once in a lifetime, and I’d be pissed off to find that for £25 extra I could have had a better view, so got the expensive ones!

Mounty_73

I had no ticket choice on the second attempt, but at 25 quid more I wasnt that bothered, I just wanted to get 2 tickets and go! 🙂

I am curiuous as to see what the difference in ticket prices will be on the day.

I am looking forward to walking around the course too. It looks like there will be a large screen in front of the grandstand.

Bring it all on! 🙂

Ambrose

Slownorm- I need your email address. Can you contact me please? Or anyone else needing a £45:00 ticket for Sunday 12th.

O778O988381 should do it.

Ambrose

slownorm
    Free Member

Ambrose mail is n_prince1@yahoo.co.uk.
    Thanks

Ambrose

Ticket now gone.

squeekybrakes
    Free Member

Any thoughts/advice on where the best place is to stand? Near the rockgarden? It’s the first XC race I’ve been to….

njee20
    Free Member

Any thoughts/advice on where the best place is to stand? Near the rockgarden? It’s the first XC race I’ve been to….

Walk around and see what you think.

There’s one section with 3 lines that should be good, plus there’s at least one drop that can’t be rolled, potential for some carnage if that’s your thing!

franksinatra

Have any locals got thoughts on parking? I looked at the Park and Ride option earlier, £12 seemed fair but it said to allow 90 mins to get from Park and Ride location to venue! Seems a bit OTT for a few miles. What are the chances of parking locally on the street?

Irish_AL
    Free Member

Just got back from Hadleigh and the course has changed slightly and is looking good. Should be a good 2 days next weekend.

On behalf of the collective I asked a few questions relating to:

Are the £45 tickets for the 3000 seated grandstand?

there is no seating for the Public

So what are the differences between the 20 and 45 quid tickets?

Both ticket prices get you the same access

freeagent
    Free Member

didn’t get any tickets in the first round, and have managed to miss them everytime (inc earlier today) since.
    Seriously want a pair of tickets to either day.. ;o(

landcruiser
    Free Member

Never mind the ticket prices !!! Competing looks easier than getting there !

Irish_AL
    Free Member
    sputnik
    Free Member

No difference between £45 ticket and £20 ticket!!!? Except £25…

sputnik
    Free Member

As an afterthought, our £45 tickets came with travel cards to the venue, might be the reason for the extra £££

Irish_AL
    Free Member

That could be it sputnik, the bloke I spoke to was a little vague on the subject

ngeddie
    Free Member

Whole family heading to the mens paid 45

Has anyone got travel cards with their £20 quid tickets as will be annoyed if that is the reason for price gap??

loum
    Free Member

think you get a travelcard with all Limpix tickets, if you booked them early enough.

sputnik
    Free Member

We were lucky enough to get tickets when the first became available through the lottery system. So yes , booked them early, no £20 ones available then. Just £45 ones and kids ticket@£1 per year of their age , so my son’ s ticket for example was £12.

oxym0r0n

4 of us inc TheGingerOne going to the Women’s 🙂 (£45 ones)

hodge

There today with Irish Al and from Tuesday to Sunday!

singletrackhor
    Free Member

Has anyone got a spare?

Mail in profile or (myusername) AT gmail dot com.

🙂

Paceman
    Free Member

I’m going for the men’s MTB with Darkcyan, can’t wait 8)

disben

Got four tickets for the mens race on Sunday, taking the wife, mum and a friend… so do £45 tickets get you a better place to view – how do we find out….?

njee20
    Free Member

We’ll see when we get there I imagine. Maybe you get access to the medal ceremony or sommat. Not worth more than the race, but if there’s no seats I’m struggling to see what it’ll be! Oh well, sure it’ll be great!

Irish_AL
    Free Member

when you all arrive you should get a little map of the course. I would suggest the collective head to positions 35, 37 snake hill you should see pretty much everything around 80% of the course from here. Also check positions 74 and 75 these are on the higher ground overlooking pretty much all of it, this is on the left hand side of the course as you stand with the start/finish line behind you 🙂

Mounty_73

Whats the weather been like down there?

Is it gonna be like a festival mudfest for the spectators? 😉

addy6402

Two for the mens’s on Sunday – looking forward to it!

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Yep, getting excited now….!

Predictions –

Weather?
    Winners?

njee20
    Free Member

Blazing sun
    Nino – Absalon – Kulhavy

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Blazing sun

I like the cut of your job, sir! Have been debating what lens to wear for the day!

Nino – Absalon – Kulhavy

Always tough to call against Absalon, but I suppose that difference in wheel diameter is what’s going to win it, isn’t it? 😉

Contenders, and their bikes, here – http://www.mbr.co.uk/news/olympic-preview-the-contenders-men/

http://www.mbr.co.uk/news/olympic-preview-the-contenders-women/

njee20
    Free Member

Be interesting to see! In 08 Absalon appeared to be struggling, then smashed it in the Olympics, but with Schurter 4 years older and wiser I reckon he could do it. Killeen for a shock top 10 too.

Definitely gonna be a Black Iridium day, can feel it 🙂

darkcyan
    Free Member

Brighton Big Dog last weekend – olympic mens this weekend – not bad eh!!!!

Have a sneaky feeling Killeen to do something this time round – Liam just stay on your bike please no silly mistakes – routing for you big time.

Course looks easier than big dog from the photos – I reckon it will actually be much harder than it looks at the speed these guys go.

DC

Paceman
    Free Member

If Shurter beats Absolon it won’t be down to wheel size in my opinion, 650b doesn’t look to me like it would offer huge advantages over 26er wheels. The fittest guy will win as the course looks punishing in terms of climbing with little recovery time between each effort. 29er wheels might make a difference for some riders but we’ll see.

Darkcyan, will it be a tougher course than BigDog last weekend? I suspect it will be, the BigDog loop is pretty straightforward I think for your typical weekend even/racet rider, just made more difficult this year by weather conditions in the hours preceding the race. Although Hadleigh Farm is completely man made, I think some of those rock gardens etc probably take some nerve to ride on an XC race bike, particularly the speed those guys will be going.

Can’t see Killeen having any say in the medals, he’s just not good enough, a top ten finish would be a good result though. We’ve more chance of a medal from Annie Last on Saturday I think.

Mounty_73

Really looking forward to it, heading down tomoz for a few days!

Weather is looking good and I have a good feeling about the race! 😉

Bring it on!!!

njee20
    Free Member

Course looks easier than big dog from the photos

The photos are deceptive, there’s at least one drop which can’t be rolled, together with a little ‘gap jump’. The climbs are pretty wide for overtaking, but the technical sections are far tougher than the Big Dog!

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Definitely gonna be a Black Iridium day, can feel it

I was thinking of Ruby Iridium Holbrooks or Bronze Iridium Tens.

Oh, the choices, the choices…!

bigdawg
    Free Member

I over took one of the czech riders last night whilst riding home… 😀

bigdawg
    Free Member

ok he may have been slowing waiting for his 2 teamates but we’ll not dwell on that…

Buzzard
    Free Member

Ive got tickets to the mens. How is everyone getting to the venue? Saw something about a park and ride – does anyone know details or can we park closer to the venue? Anyone have an idea about what time to get there? will they be warming up in public areas like in wc races?

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 108 total)

The topic ‘Hadleigh Farm roll call’ is closed to new replies.