• This topic has 10 replies, 10 voices, and was last updated 10 years ago by DrP.
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Had a 'wheelsucker' on my tail all the way into town this morning!
  • DrP

It’s only 4 miles or so, but this ‘guy’ was up my derrière the whole way.
    Couldn’t have been more than 8 inches away the whole time.
    I know being in a chain is meant to make cycling easier into the wind, but there was no effort from this chap – he just seemed to be enjoying the sea views as I ‘towed’ him along!
    I’m sure at one point he was chatting to me, and I think he was taking the pee – trying to play ‘I spy’ with me too! The cheek of it!
    So I got my own back – took my phone out and snapped a pic of him!
    So, if you see this lazy so and so, tell him to put some effort in and take the lead at some point…

DrP

mintimperial

Yay! 😀

(Like the little frame bag thingy, very nifty.)

steezysix
    Free Member

I hope you farted right in his face to teach him a lesson.

nedrapier

😀

tonyd

Nice. Where’d you get the frame bag? I’ve been thinking about getting beerbabe to make a couple up for my lads bikes (Cnoc 14 and 16). There’s only so many acorns/conkers/pine cones/stones/worms you can keep in your pockets.

stupegg
    Free Member

Lol. thought this was going to be a rant! One day I dare say he’ll do his turn at the front! 🙂

funkrodent

Disgraceful behaviour. If you see him there again just put the power on the pedals and burn him off. It’s the only way he’ll ever learn 8)

D0NK

flick of the elbow is he doesn’t take a turn: snot rockets
    🙂

jamiea
    Free Member

*Like. Lots!

Cheers,
    Jamie

ahwiles
    Free Member

confession time:

i was a wheelsucker last night.

a dude behind me on squeaky mtb didn’t slow down for the family on the path, and hooned straight past us all. He dissappeared into the distance.

i was tired, there was a headwind, i wasn’t trying, but i soon caught him up again. I could have gone a bit faster if i’d just overtaken him, but i just settled in behind and let him fight the headwind for me for a mile or so.

i’m not sorry.

DrP
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Had a 'wheelsucker' on my tail all the way into town this morning!’ is closed to new replies.