Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Hacked e-mails
  • coatesy
    Free Member

Not specifically bike related, but thought it would get a wider audience here.Just had a very genuine sounding e-mail from a friend,linking to a website selling i-phones,recommending their service etc.Turns out somebody's hacked their account, don't even know if the company or phones exist. Just a heads up to everyone to verify with your contacts that the link is genuine if you decide to use it, as the e-mail wasn't your usual badly written/spelt obvious scam.

HoratioHufnagel
    Free Member

got an email sent from my hotmail account a while back advertising something called 'rob buy'. was worried they'd hacked my computer so checked the header of the email and it was somewhere in America that linked to a website that advertised hacking online computer games and selling the character.

Just changed my password.

dmiller
    Free Member

Yeah – spammers are getting pretty good at this kind of thing. You can build a network of address (for example address you harvest from bike sites like STW and BikeRadar etc) and then email people with the return to address as someone else on that forum. If you do that a few times your likely to hit on people that are friends and get by spam filters etc and get your message read.

If you invest a bit of time not spelling things wrong then you can get people to at least skim read it with a chance they will click on the links.

Its actually quite interesting stuff. Annoying, but interesting.

David.

househusband

I've been getting emails recently; from either sales or support at balfa – the bike shop! Have been getting emails from myself, normally offering me a larger c0ck, for years…

HoratioHufnagel
    Free Member

i'm pretty sure my hotmail was hacked after i used an internet cafe in thailand.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Hacked e-mails’ is closed to new replies.