Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Gypsy Glen conditions ?
  • moonsaballoon

Thinking of heading to peebles tomorrow and doing gypsy glen for a bit of a change to glentress . I have not done it before and was wondering if it is best left to later in the year when it might not be so wet ?

MussEd
    Free Member

TBH it’s been fairly dry round these parts for a wee while. Was over the other side of Peebles at Venlaw yesterday and barely saw any mud all day…dont know about Gypsy Glen but cant be that different?…

Though some self-righteous self-appointed trail guardian will no doubt be along in a minute to give it “the only right time to ride those trails is when I or my riding pals decide to do so and anyone else is a reckless buffoon!”

moonsaballoon

Thanks , sounds like its worth a go .

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    MussEd
    Free Member

I should probably say now it’s started pissing down outside!

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Now look what you have done MussEd!

MussEd
    Free Member

Its stopped again! exciting this eh? like a crap weather channel…

druidh
    Free Member

Would that be a channel for crap weather?

bellerophon
    Free Member

Was up there there last saturday, ace ace ace; go on do it you know you want to

moonsaballoon

Thanks for the real time updates 🙂

zigzag69
    Free Member

Did it last Saturday, as part of an ill-advised Inners – Gypsy – Peebles – GT – Lee Penn – Inners big loop. Trail conditions were pretty good given the time of year. My mapping/route selection was not 😕

A few pics and words here

Sanny
    Free Member

Wow! I did a very similar route a few weeks ago in the snow and it was ace. For Gypsy Glen, by sticking close to the edge of Cardrona, you can ride almost 100% of the route to the descent off Birks Cairn. We had a very short section of trail where we had to get off and skirt round a few fallen trees but nothing too terrible.

If you don’t like rockiness, you won’t like the top section of Lee Pen.

What did you make of the Gypsy Glen descent? Did you climb the last wee rise past the gate to do the singletrack descent. That bit is just ace.

zigzag69
    Free Member

Ooft, spectacular, but hard work in the snow?

Aye, we definitely took the wrong route up – I had an alternate route that went up round the iron age fort, looks longer but would have been better since it was rideable. Is there a better way to get there from Inners car park that avoids the couple of miles of B-road?

I also noticed the track leading back up the hill on the last rise, but we didn’t take it – I saw it round the other side and thought we’d missed a trick there. Next time.

No idea how anyone can manage the initial descent off Lee Pen though – it was bad enough hike-a-biking down it. Next time it’ll be a case of going right and following the quad bike track down from the summit.

daznal
    Free Member

Its full of orange birds in huge dresses,loads of trannies and pikies fighting i would imagin

trekstar
    Free Member
    moonsaballoon

Thanks for the info everyone . Just got back from Peebles ,the climb up was a bit sticky in places but nothing to bad and the downhill is great fun . Made a nice change from the usual trails at glentress

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Gypsy Glen conditions ?’ is closed to new replies.

New deal added to Members Discounts