Viewing 33 posts - 1 through 33 (of 33 total)
  • Gym Sauna etiquette?!
  • JEngledow
    Free Member

I’ve recently joined a gym which has a sauna, its mixed sex and there are several signs saying ‘NO NUDITY’ or something similar. So what’s the dress code? Do people just wear gym clothes or change into swimming stuff etc?

**I’ve heard the rumours about what some people may or may not get up to in public saunas so no smut please 😯

scaredypants

You really need Houns for this type of stuff

I’d say dress code depends on whether you’ll need to hide “anything” while in there

Harry_the_Spider

Swimming shorts at my gym.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

You should wear a bikini

Tracey

Cossies at ours

KonaTC

Hotels normally insist on swimwear/shorts, flip flops or similar are all a must as the soup of human life will be on the floor

chakaping
    Free Member

Try not to let one go as well.

That’s definitely bad sauna etiquette.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Budgie Smugglers are de rigeur.

ton

pee on the coal’s. it goes down a treat……….

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

deadlydarcy – Member
    Budgie Smugglers are de rigeur.

Well, if you are only carrying a budgie sized…… 😉

Davesport

Mankini…a la Borat 8)

matt_outandabout

To add an international standpoint on this, it is only the blokes that insisted on au natrale in Sweden when I was there… 🙄

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Flashy has a tiny hummingbird to hide.

I’m assuming the OP has never had a sauna before? Less is more, when it comes to clothing. TBH you’re better going in naked, but as that’s not allowed, just a pair of swimming trunks/shorts.

It can get really, overwhelmingly hot. Limit yourself to just five minutes or so at first, and sit on the lower benches if it’s tiered, until you get used to the heat. And if you’ve got high blood pressure, then seek a doctor’s advice before going. Get some of the body builders fainting down my local gym sauna; they really aren’t all that healthy, pumping that much iron isn’t good for you.

nicko74

Showershorts – for when you have nothing to hide, but still want to.

It’s cracking one off that really upsets people though, especially if you look at them during…

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

It’s cracking one off that really upsets people though, especially if you…

..do it onto the hot coals.

You should try SKINS sauna range.

TuckerUK
    Free Member

If you have to wear clothing in the sauna doesn’t that kind of defeat the whole object? Change gyms?

I used to use a gym that was men only, but then became mixed. The women had to go through the men’s changing area to get to the weights room. The sauna stayed nude. Some women used to hang out in the men’s changing area to see how many men they could phase!

Having to wear clothing in the sauna is as bad as those Holmes Place type jokes that have a ‘no sweating’ or ‘no panting’ rule…good grief.

LsD
    Free Member

Trunks or a linen breechclout.

One thing I can stress about sauna etiquette is never to piss on the coals…………folk don’t find it amusing, apparently.

Xylene
    Free Member

My old gym in Korea had mixed and single saunas and showers.

Once you’ve seen a Korean man blowdrying his pubes in the locker room you’ll never worry about whether or not to worry about mixed saunas again.

Flaperon

While heeding the notice about high blood pressure, also take heed if you have quite low blood pressure.

I always feel dizzy after stepping out of a sauna.

raymort
    Free Member

Once you’ve seen a Korean man blowdrying his pubes in the locker room you’ll never worry about whether or not to worry about mixed saunas again.

Thanks for the image, don’t know whether to laught or cry!

There’s a mixed sauna at my gym and wearing a towel wrap is considered okay, and comfortable too!

Tom83

Full thermals and a track suit.

Vortexracing

Whilst on a trip to Munich for a conference (whilst the beer festival was on may i add 😆 )

We stopped in a five star hotel that was completely opposite. The sign outside said ALL clothes should be removed before entering either the sauna or steam room.

quite a few sights on that 3 day trip I can tell you. 😉

loco_pollo
    Free Member

a cotton t-shirt of course

tomaso
    Free Member

Ideally you should never wear clothes in a sauna. And upon leaving the sauna jump into an icy fjord and then be beaten with birch by a beautiful blonde

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Swimwear optional at my gym

Seems to be more optional the older you get 😯

brakes
    Free Member

merino wicked weasel FTW

Taff
    Free Member

Wool knitted speedos for sure!

Got told off for shaving in one before

Woody
    Free Member

Whilst on a trip to Munich ……..The sign outside said ALL clothes should be removed

Same for most hotels I’ve stayed at in Austria where no swimwear/clothes (or under 16’s) are allowed in the mixed showers/sauna/steamroom/jacuzzi areas – seemed fairly sensible to me although there didn’t seem to be many Brit women in there for some reason 🙄

allyharp

Don’t drink beer whilst doing it. Causes a REALLY bad hangover 😕

emma82
    Free Member

Don’t sit above a lady snoozing on the bench below and let her wake up to you gently rubbing your special place. It’s a sure way to cause upset. And if there is only one person in there when you go in, you do not need to try and sit right next to them, especially if your really hairy 🙁

Just wear shorts then hit the shower when you jump out. Ive never been in a sauna where nudity was allowed? Is that normal?

GrahamS

Got to love British sensibility.

“Let’s have those nice sauna things like our European neighbours – but obviously a full bathing suit, bonnet and britches must be worn at all times. We’re not animals”

🙄

Woody
    Free Member

I’ve never been in a sauna where nudity was allowed? Is that normal?

More normal/natural than wearing ‘swimwear’ considering you will be sweating your +$%* off !

MrNutt
    Free Member

fruit and a jar of vim

Viewing 33 posts - 1 through 33 (of 33 total)

The topic ‘Gym Sauna etiquette?!’ is closed to new replies.