Viewing 18 posts - 41 through 58 (of 58 total)
  • Gutted!! Paint falling off my frame!
  • fudge9202
    Free Member

I would like to make it clear that the shop and the guys at Surf Sales have been more than helpful in their efforts my gripe is the reply they got from Transition when they contacted them I was not legally conversant with where I stood and that was the reason for the post and also to see how other forum users have faired with a similiar problem.

fudge9202
    Free Member

@bencooper I did not go direct to transition.

bencooper
    Free Member

Ah, I misunderstood, sorry.

chakaping
    Free Member

It does grate a bit when people start a thread transparently as a bargaining tool for a warranty claim, but the OP doesn’t seem to have done so here IMO. He’s not even mentioned the bike in the title, shockingly bad SEO practice!

Bike industry peeps shouldn’t get too annoyed when people try to share information about their products on the web though. Quite natural to try to find out if anyone else has had same problem, what was done about it etc.

Manufacturers and distributors should especially wind their necks in if thewy’re quite happy to take advantage of the lovely free marketing and publicity opportunities that the web provides – but then go bleating about blackmail when someone mentions a defect on their product.

🙂

theflatboy
    Free Member

this is a simple situation specifically between the OP and the shop. that’s who the contract of sale is between.

they sold him something that’s not of satisfactory quality. given the time frame that’s involved (if i’ve understood it correctly) he can exercise his right to it and get his money back. anything beyond that is nothing to do with him and a breach of his consumer rights.

write a letter, threaten to take them to small claims court if they don’t sort it. that should help them to focus.

read this: http://www.lawdit.co.uk/reading_room/room/view_article.asp?name=../articles/105527-AA-Sale-of-Goods-Satisfactory-Quality.htm
    and this: http://www.which.co.uk/consumer-rights/sale-of-goods/understanding-the-sale-of-goods-act/your-rights/

in fact, print them out and take them in, with the bike that is being returned.

theflatboy
    Free Member

in fact, read this, print it, take it in, get them to sort it out. they are in the wrong, the item’s not of satisfactory quality.

http://www.adviceguide.org.uk/england/consumer_e/consumer_common_problems_with_products_e/consumer_what_you_can_do_about_faulty_goods_e/faulty_goods_-_if_you_want_your_money_back.htm

fudge9202
    Free Member

Cheers flatboy

theflatboy
    Free Member

no worries, don’t let them tell you anything other than what fits in with the details in the info i posted.

confirm exactly how old the bike is and what the timeframe is we’re talking about, please?

fudge9202
    Free Member

The bike frame was bought in August, built up in September and October and then has had 2 rides out when paint flakes off on the end of my finger.

bruneep

Pics of the peeling/flaking paintwork?

igrf
    Free Member

What is the matter with you people read the bloody posts will you?

We’ve said we’ll sort it, we always sort things like this, you don’t get to stay in this business for thirty years not sorting warranty claims ffs, it’s the weekend, someone will be on it on monday, who is the dealer (In case he hasn’t actually even tried us yet)?

khani
    Free Member

😀 welcome to STW… I’m surprised you’re surprised…

Jamie
    Free Member

We’ve said we’ll sort it, we always sort things like this, you don’t get to stay in this business for thirty years not sorting warranty claims ffs, it’s the weekend, someone will be on it on monday, who is the dealer (In case he hasn’t actually even tried us yet)?

The OP was probably worried you were so demoralised after the Alex Ferguson statue incident, that you wouldn’t have the will to sort it out. Good to see you’re bouncing back from that particular setback.

theflatboy
    Free Member

The point is, igrf, that the OP shouldn’t even need to know who you are. Warranties are useful as they can sometimes give consumers rights over and above their legal rights. In this case, statements like this:

igrf – Member

We’d normally assist the dealer with a goodwill gesture…

The procedure will be photo’s, purchase evidence that it is UK sourced and a return no issued to the dealer if, the dealer feels it is a warrantable fault.

suggest that between the shop, you and whoever else in the supply chain, he’s being palmed off without getting what he’s entitled to. I personally would advise him not to engage with anyone other than the shop as that’s who he has the most effective legal relationship with.

my suggestion would be to write a letter giving the shop 14 days to provide either a replacement for the faulty parts or a full refund, and leave the bike with the shop. no doubt the supplier/distributor/whoever would then have to reimburse the shop for the faulty item, but that’s really none of the OP’s concern due to the time involved.

Rscott
    Free Member

I’ve only been on here a while. But everyone needs to chill out.

The OP asked about other peoples items and stated his issue, he has not named names and not offended anyone.

IGRF he’snot asked you to sort it on here he’s mearly asking others oppinions on the product.

As for the OP deal with the shop nobody else, make sure you have your rights which have been posted above and i’m sure it will be sorted.

IGRF it is the weekend and nobodys in till monday so dont get stressed the great thing about the tinterweb is that people can say almost what ever they want.

and when it gets sorted which in my oppinion it should have been done of first return to the shop. ((i work in retail)and previously managed a bike shop) he will be praising all involved for there fantastic but timely help

fudge9202
    Free Member

I would like to thank all the contributors to this thread and inform you all that Surf Sales have agreed to replace my frame. A massive thank-you to Jake Thomas from The Bikechase for his diligence in this matter and a massive thank-you to Graeme from Surf Sales for providing me with a new frame at their expense and yes I love the Transition brand but have little or no regard for how “a rider focused company” treats a warranty issue, I think there is lesson there for us all!!!

theflatboy
    Free Member

Excellent news. 🙂

fudge9202
    Free Member

cheers theflatboy for all your help much appreciated
    Fudge

Viewing 18 posts - 41 through 58 (of 58 total)

The topic ‘Gutted!! Paint falling off my frame!’ is closed to new replies.