Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Gutted!
  • Flash
    Free Member

After two months waiting for my Pashley Guvnor to be built I finally got a call from EBC to tell me it had finally arrived.

I've taken the day off work and after three quaters of an hour on the bus (an experience in itself) I arrived at the shop. They wheeled it out in all it's retro magnificence and it looked fantastic. Started doing the paperwork and then as I was running my fingers over it's period tubeing I noticed a mark on the top tube that was too ignore.

So I now have another two month wait and the bus has just taken turn in the opposite direction to home – arse

tracknicko
    Free Member

the mark was too what?

anotherdeadhero
    Free Member

Could be worse, a mate had a 4-year wait for his Morgan to be built, which was then written off on the drive back from picking it up right outside his house when some pillock drove into the back of him.

Flash
    Free Member

Lol "much" sorry still typing thus on 5he bus, going the right way now.

anotherdeadhero
    Free Member

Agree with the busses comment BTW. If I take the bus to work, it takes at least 2 hours (45 mins by bike or car) and costs ~£8 a day. The circuits of various business and retail parks are highly entertaining however. At least the time spent stationary in traffic becuase the bus lanes are narrower than the busses allows your spine a little time to recover from the assault of the driving style.

tracknicko
    Free Member

hang on the mark was too much of… a mark?
    so you're gonna wait another 2 months?

are you going to ride this bike or stick it in a glass cabinet?

MT

wait for it…

FU

Flash
    Free Member

Mainly in a glass cabinet.

It was on the top tube just in front of head tube. It is a pretty boy tarts bike for high days and holidays. If it was going to be a work bike I'd have taken the discount.

tracknicko
    Free Member

fair enough. waiting for stuff on the basis of aesthetics is an odd concept to me.

hence my face, clothes etc.

KINGTUT
    Free Member

Could be worse, a mate had a 4-year wait for his Morgan to be built, which was then written off on the drive back from picking it up right outside his house when some pillock drove into the back of him.

I hate Morgans, this has given me the lollerkopters.

barca
    Free Member

Mate, I'm gutted for you that you've had to endure two journeys in one day on the peasant wagon and I'm gutted for you they were both in vain but that bike going back is a blessing. It gives you time to change your mind and buy something else instead. Phew!

Gary_M
    Free Member

tracknicko are you happy to buy stuff from shops that has marks on it. Would you buy a t-shirt that had a permenant stain on it for example?

If he wanted a bike with a mark on it he could have just nipped to the nearest second hand shop and bought a pre-marked guvnor there, or something that looks/rides just like it.

tracknicko
    Free Member

hmmm. no.

but if i had waited 2 months, and was faced with another 2 months i might suck it up and buy the thing (at a discount)
    in my (poor) defence i had yet to google the model and it does seem to be more of a 'showy' bike perhaps.

in fact YES. (changed me mind)

i have never bought a bike to have as a show bike. they are all there to be ridden. my first ride on the thing will no doubt mark it more than the shop had…

tracknicko
    Free Member

not sure a t-shirt stain is comparable incidently.

might struggle to wear your pashley on a night out, and t shirts are meant to be clean. whereas bikes are not. (IMCO)

robinbetts
    Free Member

My dad waited 11 years for his Morgan! Didn't get written off though, but decide it was impractical with the British weather so sold it after a year!

Gary_M
    Free Member

It's more the principle tracknicko, in general sensible people decline from buying something new which is marked unless they get a good discount.

Bikes not meant to be clean?

tracknicko
    Free Member

i understand the principle im not a fecktard.

im just saying if i had to wait 4 effing months for a bike, i would have just bought the thing.

Gary_M
    Free Member

I suppose some people have lower standards than others and are willing to accept any old crap.

tracknicko
    Free Member

i know, but he chose the bike so its up to him eh?
    boom boom!

im just saying 4 months to wait for something you're gonna ride round in the UK (mud, rain, hail scallies etc.) i would have just taken the discount.

Gary_M
    Free Member

I didn't know the op was offered a discount. As in 'oh I didn't know the op was offered a discount'. Just in case you come back witha stroppy reply.

Oh you just did.

tracknicko
    Free Member

post number 7 up there ^

am i off your shit list now?

Flash
    Free Member

I don't want people getting grumpy over this.

If it had been a mountain bike given a good discount I probably would have had it. This is for Sunday rides with my wife and nipping to the shops on without having to putting on the full bike battle kit.

I do however to offence at Barca's comments, it's a beautiful machine and will look lovely in the bedroom when I'm not riding it.:-)

barca
    Free Member

😀
    Have you put a Full Stop………. to this now Full Stop?

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘Gutted!’ is closed to new replies.