Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • Guitar thread – one for the Stratocaster fans…
  • stratobiker
    Free Member

This guitar recently came into my pocession.

Think 1982….

tang
    Free Member

Ahh a smith? My Old man is a strat nut….
    My Bass player music journo sent me this today
    [/url] 320243_285329171497088_133409023355771_1156469_280289741_n by tangwyn, on Flickr[/img]

She may not look like much, but she’s got it where it counts, kid. I’ve made a lot of special modifications myself.

metalheart
    Free Member

I hope it was cheap as some knobber has written over it…

MartynS

who’s it signed by??

looks nice. Must admit I prefer the les paul gold top..

Still want a 3 tone sunburst strat with black pick guard and white pickups/controls!

uponthedowns
    Free Member

Nor sure about the gold finish. At least it doesn’t have the 1970s peg head.

My dream guitar. A fiesta red Strat from the year of my birth- 1961

Konastoner
    Free Member

Not quite a fender but mine’s a 1991 Hank Marvin Signature series Squire, swapped out the pickups for origional, genuine 52 Texas Specials 😀

Same as this: –

Klunk
    Free Member

my fleabay bargain, US strat, it was 5 years old and had never been played when I bought it. It doesn’t have the full bodied sound and sustain of my sg2000 but is a real joy to play and never needs tuning :). looks black in the photo but is wine coloured in better light.

BoardinBob

Oh since you asked

Northwind

I used to have one of these…

late 80s Hot Rod 50s Reissue MIJ Strat… Found it in a second hand shop with basically no wear, the neck was madly bowed from years of disuse and a lot of the small parts were corroded but apart from that, it was as new. Gorgeous thing… Ended up fitting it with a pair of Kinmans. But it was a lot better than I was and got sold on to someone who could use it.

Still have its sister- a 60s reissue HRR in sunburst with a rosewood neck. But it’s in the middle of an eternal rebuild to turn it double fat with the pickup switch up in the top horn, and with a million coiltap and split modes, for some reason that made sense to me 10 years ago. Should really get it built… It’s a bit hammered but dark sunbursts look good with a little wear and tear on don’t they 😉

tang
    Free Member

My brother who is a musician, his flat mate might have found a mid 60s strat in a junk shop, he paid 250 for it. If it turns out well hes £in. He said he wont sell though.

stratobiker
    Free Member

Great pictures guys…..

Northwind, that looks like a monster!

uponthedowns, get the custom shop to make you one.

Guitars and bikes! You need n+1 dontcha?

Mine was a 1982 Dan Smith Gold on Gold, It weighs a ton, and sounds like no strat I’ve ever played before, yet still sound distinctly stratty.

trailmonkey

sorry, not feeling the love for that gold one.

gold is definately a gibson colour.

bet it still sounds sweet though 8)

_tom_
    Free Member

Not a huge fan of strats but I agree that gold definitely looks better on a Les Paul imo. With cream p90 pickups 8)

Since we’re all posting pics now, here’s my old parts strat. It had a Fender 70s style maple fingerboard/neck at one point which I sold on at a £60 profit 😆

Looked nice but average to play. I’m a Gibson man.

guitarhero
    Free Member

Gold strat makes me think of this guy. Still remember seeing him on TV in 1987 playing this guitar and blowing me away.

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8orzLEAvf3c[/video]

Don’t get on with strats due to knob placement getting in the way of my picking hand, but love the sound of a good one. Enjoy

emsz
    Free Member

when I win the lottery

metalheart
    Free Member

Well if everybodyelse is showing…

The Fender triplets:

[/url]
    Fenders by Sofaboy TT, on Flickr[/img]

The strat (HSS):

[/url]
    Strat by Sofaboy TT, on Flickr[/img]

The Hotrod Tele (not quite gold but surely blonde is good enough…):

[/url]
    Fender Vintage Hotrod n flowers by Sofaboy TT, on Flickr[/img]

bikebouy
    Free Member

JOhn Mayer Strat, in grey/hotrods, Rocks Out..

kiwijohn

Strats & Teles are fine, but I prefer the Jazzmaster.
    Marquee Moon by Television is a great example of Tom Veraines Jazzmaster.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Indeed the Jazz is a fine quitar, Elvis Costello plays a mean Jazz, so too Jason Mraz..

hmmmm warm…

metalheart
    Free Member

kiwijohn – Member
    Strats & Teles are fine, but I prefer the Jazzmaster.
    Marquee Moon by Television is a great example of Tom Veraines Jazzmaster.

I’m sure I’ve read somewhere that most of MM is actually strats & teles. What with the old who did what part. Pretty sure Richard Lloyd didnt use a jazzmaster.

That said I’ve lusted after one for years. Almost persuaded a guy to sell me original one until hefound out that it was a last of the pre CBS and therefore worth a bob or two. Bugger…

psychobiker
    Free Member

And

And

both made by myself.

_tom_
    Free Member

Is that an Iceman crossed with a Parker Fly??

stratobiker
    Free Member

psychobiker – that Jazzy Manouche guitar looks very kewl. Do you make lot of guitars? Tell us more, please.

tang
    Free Member

Whats on the telly?

psychobiker
    Free Member

I have only made the above 2 so far, more of a hobby, but I am a joiner so am at a slight advantage.

This is the build of the Archtop posted from another forum under and old username.

http://www.volkszone.com/VZi/showthread.php?t=611781&highlight=making+an+archtop+guitar

And have just found the thread for the electric.

http://www.volkszone.com/VZi/showthread.php?t=521500&highlight=making+an+electric+guitar

If you take the time to read them, please forgive me any mistakes, but they both play, and there are links to videos of them working.

I have more planned, but time is conspiring against me at the mo.

Thanks for asking.

Marcel

Sorry if they are a bit boring.

robkhoo
    Free Member

when I win the lottery

I’ve got a 60’s ES 330 which is essentially one of those; sounds great, looks great, doesn’t play very well though (in need of a pro setup); if you’re ever in Cardiff let me know and you can have a go of it. My favourite guitar at the moment is an old kit Strat copy, sounds awesome and plays very nicely, all for £100 or so.

RepackRider
    Free Member

2retro4u
    Marin County, Cali

This is my 50th Anniversary Strat. Made in USA in 1997 to commemorate 50 years of Fender guitars.

Here he is with his friend Mr.Gibson.

tyger
    Free Member

Stratobiker – your guitar is known as The Strat by the looks of the knobs. How’s the EJ Strat doing?

My 1962 Strat

Original 1962 Strat

hummerlicious
    Free Member

Well they’re not Strats, but I’ve got these two:

DSC02629 by http://www.sussex-mtb.com, on Flickr

But I do enjoy a bit of \m/ so the strat doesn’t really float my boat!

Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)

The topic ‘Guitar thread – one for the Stratocaster fans…’ is closed to new replies.