Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Guitar amps + help teaching kids
  • Foundry
    Free Member

Please can someone recommend me a practice amp that I can play my electric guitar and my acoustic through and comes in around £150. I have had a look at the Roland Cube and that seems quite nice, then tried a laney and that didn't but would like more options.

Now the kids are trying to learn and having lessons at school but they want to play some cords, I have shown them a few but as I am pretty rubbish myself I now need some help. Can anyone recommend some decent books for kids to learn with?

Thanks

chrisd
    Free Member

The cubes are good.

julianwilson
    Free Member

+1 for the cube.
    Also Line 6 now make 15 and 30w amps now that are well within your budget. I've only played the big size flextone and spider but if they are anything to go by then the little ones are well worth a try.

fubar
    Free Member

Can anyone recommend some decent books for kids to learn with?

I'm not very experienced myself but I think there is loads of stuff on the internet…youtube has loads of instructional stuff, also sites like justinguitar

jahwomble
    Free Member

Marshall mg15fx, I've got one and I've got a Roland cube 20x as well, and I think the Marshall is better. The Roland has a battery facility and a strap lug or two, which is it's only plus point really, in terms of sound, it's not as versatile and doesn't have anything like the range of variation on the fx. The Marshall has a line level out and I've used the Marshall at home, in the studio,on stage without any bother at all. Very rarely even use the cube now, The Marshall is not that much bigger,only a tenner or so more and tonally a lot better. I'm a luthier, and consequently have a number of small amps knocking about the workshop and flat, and the little Marshall is by far and away my fave. If I had to keep just one of them, it would be the Marshall

That said, as mentioned above, the line six stuff is really good for the money, I have a pocket pod from them and it's great.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Guitar amps + help teaching kids’ is closed to new replies.