Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 67 total)
  • GTA5 – Holy cow!
  • pictonroad

think I’m going to have to take some time off work and send the nipper away for a bit when this is released.

johndoh
    Free Member

Available in Fall 2178

tootallpaul

Or 17th September 2013…

patriotpro
    Free Member

Looking at that I thought it was going to be on the new consoles, but i’m wrong. Impressive indeed. 8)

rollsroyce
    Free Member

Bloody hell that looks amazing!

johndoh
    Free Member

I’ll get my coat – I was thinking Grand Turismo (GT), not GTA

peterfile
    Free Member

yeah it does look good 🙂

stevied
    Free Member

and just in time for my birthday 🙂 Would have thought they’d be releasing it for PS4 tho.

theflatboy
    Free Member

Looks immense. Haven’t bought a game for a while; that will change in September!

martinhutch

Bawsaq stock market 🙂

Big forks with daft mudguards at 2.20, though.

samuri
    Free Member

What’ll happen with us is I’ll get it and start playing it in my free time, which is usually Friday night so I’ll get to maybe the 3rd mission.

A week later my son will inform me he’s finished it.

stevied
    Free Member

^ 😆

theflatboy
    Free Member

Luckily my son’s too young for that to be my reality yet. Only a matter of time, no doubt.

grum
    Free Member

I might buy a console just for this. I hear you can get a s/h PS3 for pretty cheap these days.

monkey_boy
    Free Member

SH*TE AND I SOLD MY PS3…

Is there going to be a version for the new XBOX/PS3??

spacemonkey

Won’t be long before we’re all “existing” in a virtual world.

Creg

That looks very good indeed, especially if what is said is true and all of that footage is from the PS3 version. Might have to take my PS3 off DVD duties and start gaming with it again, and treat myself to a new HDTV.

ska-49
    Free Member

Looks great. The story line is so much better!
    I got really bored of the last few- one character just killing everything. This looks awesome. I always end up ‘exploring’ and messing about half the time so I like the fact it has all the other stuff. Plus, ONLINE!!

Cougar

I’m torn. It looks ace, but I’ve bought consoles on the back of GTA games before and the cold hard truth is that the last really exceptional GTA game was Vice City.

That said, Red Dead Redemption is arguably the finest game on the Xbox, and you can see some of its legacy in GTAV (the weapons select wheel is straight out of Grand Theft Horsey for a start).

The multiplayer option might just have sold it to me though.

unklehomered
    Free Member

ahh… the long wait for the PC version begins…

persona
    Free Member

80gb Fat PS3 £40 + postage if you want it grum

Kevevs
    Free Member

ahh bloody hell, I’ve only just started playing GTA4. Got Bioshock1, Mass Effect1 to get through too. It’s still 2007 chez Kev! I imagine GTA5 will be £10 2nd hand in about 2019 then?

samuri
    Free Member

as a PSA also, if you’ve got gold, get Trials Extreme from the xbox shop. A tenner I think. It’s is arguably the best value game you will ever buy for the XBOX. Really, really well put together and so much fun.

unklehomered
    Free Member

@Kevers

persona
    Free Member

PSN have a trials evolution copy out now too. Anyone know how it compares?

I have an xbox in the house too but can’t stand using the child’s controllers.

molgrips
    Free Member

the last really exceptional GTA game was Vice City

See, I didn’t even finish that, I thought it was just the same as GTAIII but with more Miami Vice. Bored.

San Andreas was awesome, due to the large world. GTAIV I also loved, because of the gritty cinematic storyline. I cared about and empathised the characters for the first time. I felt sick for executing that Russian guy but I had to do it, and I had a moral choice to make that felt really profound.

I had to replace my PS3 because the old one died, and it’s the main source of diversion in our house. It game with The Last Of Us which I think is going to take some playing…

Kevevs
    Free Member

LOL Unclehomered! that is so true. I am battling the stalkers at the end of Half Life 2 Episode 2 atm! Yet to play Portal 😀

GrahamS

Blimey that looks massive – not a game, more of a lifestyle choice!

makecoldplayhistory
    Free Member

I’m going to start saving now for a new GPU! Looks amazing!

zilog6128

I’m torn. It looks ace, but I’ve bought consoles on the back of GTA games before and the cold hard truth is that the last really exceptional GTA game was Vice City.

+1. The Saint’s Row series is the spiritual successor to GTA in my opinion – just all out, over the top crazy fun and way, way better than the recent “serious” GTA games.

Creg

The Saint’s Row series is the spiritual successor to GTA in my opinion – just all out, over the top crazy fun and way, way better than the recent “serious” GTA games.

Saints Row was one series of games I simply couldn’t get into, much preferred the GTA ones.

Its an argument me and a mate have all the time, he can’t stand GTA but absolutely loves Saints Row and I’m the exact opposite.

Having said that I really am struggling with the The Lost and The Damned, played it for a couple of hours but finding it rather “meh”.

zilog6128

Exactly, GTA is great technically but the more recent games are just boring. Give Saints Row 3 a try, seriously. It’s the ultimate evolution of GTA. Really captures the spirit of the original through to Vice City but just maxes out the fun/crazyness.

persona
    Free Member

SR3 is free on PS+ this month.

Creg

Exactly, GTA is great technically but the more recent games are just boring. Give Saints Row 3 a try, seriously. It’s the ultimate evolution of GTA. Really captures the spirit of the original through to Vice City but just maxes out the fun/crazyness.

I didn’t mind GTA 4, but never actually finished it. I bought it a few weeks ago on the 360 with a view to actually completing it this time but I’ve been too wrapped up in other games to actually start playing it!

I’ll have a look at Saints Row 3. Looks like the 4th one is coming to the next gen consoles.

WackoAK
    Free Member

Holy crap this looks superb, with the online play I wonder if we could even set up a virtual STW bike race?

Northwind

That does look amazing… And the PC version, when it comes out in 2019, should look even better. Just hope they’ve given it good shooting this time!

PS, check out the detail on the bike 🙂 Even modelled in a wee seatpost gusset. Though it does seem to have track ends.

persona
    Free Member

Northwind, I know one of the programmers and he owes me a favour, what drop-outs would you like it to have?

Northwind

Pretty sure it actually is a Chameleon. That’s ridiculous attention to detail…

The bad news is, that means the game’s already obsolete due to it having 26 inch wheels. If you get him to give it swapout thingmies, then maybe we can save it though it’ll probably have quite a high BB which I know the PS3 struggles with.

Is it still a Rockstar North thing?

persona
    Free Member

Yeah

There are 20s in it again.. All is good! 😉

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 67 total)

The topic ‘GTA5 – Holy cow!’ is closed to new replies.