Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 49 total)
  • Grizedale PMBA
  • darrenspink
    Free Member

Evening all, who is venturing to Grizedale this Sunday? I’ll be holding a mates hand on his first ever race which should be interesting. Look out for me on a black, blue and red transition scout and logo on my lid!

Weather forecast seems to be getting better each day but still not sure if my rear rock razors going to be sufficient, what the hell im going with it anyway. Be interesting to see what trails Kev’s manage to wangle this time.

samcamsdad

I’ll be there, also with a first time racer under my wing.
    From the rider info released this week I reckon we’re heading over towards dale park, and using stage 5 of the last ukge round. Not ridden it myself yet, but supposed to be interesting in the wet!
    Really looking forward to this race, wet or dry.

thestabiliser
    Free Member

Me, first timer in t’enduros but know the forest pretty well I was thinking maybe breasty haw white route would be the stage over the road? All guess work innit.

Will be billy no mates going in an early group I reckon, on a black grapil with inferno 27 wheels

darrenspink
    Free Member

I’ll be there, also with a first time racer under my wing.
    From the rider info released this week I reckon we’re heading over towards dale park, and using stage 5 of the last ukge round. Not ridden it myself yet, but supposed to be interesting in the wet!

This one?

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e-jHP2frq7U[/video]

It was stage 1 at the pmba earlier this year but had the bolder feature which they didn’t do.

thestabiliser
    Free Member

Nah, that’s the black run near the visitor centre which’ll be on it at some point – with a bit of the old xc course at the bottom?. But theres tell of ‘not going through satterthwaite on the transition to stage 2(or whatever)’ in the race details which suggests a stage on the eastern side of the forest. So Breasty Haw/Dale Park side.

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

Didn’t enter as I thought we were busy this weekend. Turns out we’re not 🙁

Flippin love Grizedale as a location for the enduros too – so many cheeky/new/secret/purpose built stuff without stupidly massive/steep climbs. Area tends to lend itself to enduro really well and having the visitor centre for cake/bogs/bike shop etc is perfect.

Simon

Bad planning there Dave!

I thought it was last weekend which clashed with Bingley Music Live, luckily I got my dates wrong.

Anyway, what tyres for Grizedale? 😉

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

You know the answer to that Simon…. Round rubber ones 😉

samcamsdad

Didn’t enter as I thought we were busy this weekend. Turns out we’re not

Lad I’m riding with only entered yesterday lunch time, so you might still get an entry.
    High roller 2s for me, only tyre worth having in the lakes imo.

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

Ah, well ‘being free’ now this weekend is good. Being in Halifax and our van being in York would mean a bit of a faff to get there :S

thestabiliser
    Free Member

Lobo Locos for me

beano68
    Free Member

I was meant to be there racing and the wifey was going to be marshalling but my rear shock decided other things ! so gonna have to bail out.

Oh well have a good time all !!! 😥

Tracey

We have just loaded the camper for off first thing in the morning. Abigale and her boyfriend are both racing. Looked like we would be wild camping but just managed to get on a campsite. She will be on a Butcher/ Pugatory combo because thats all she ever runs.

darrenspink
    Free Member

Let us know what its like up there Tracy. Looks like some rain overnight then all fine fortunately, which should make idea riding conditions 😀

slimporcini
    Free Member

I’m in the same boat as you darrenspink, running a similar tyre out back, specialized slaughter. Can’t be arsed changing it, will bring a purgatory in case it’s bad out there during practice

darrenspink
    Free Member

Yep im taking a hans dampf in case I hug too many trees on practice.

nosedive
    Free Member

Im there. On mary/ dampf with the option to go double mary if its muddy.

chakaping
    Free Member

This message just posted by race organiser Mike on FB if anyone fancies it…

Ladies and gents.

There are 5 spots available for tomorrow – do you want one of them? Text me on 07921453033 and I’ll send you my PayPal info or arrange payment tomorrow morning

The map shows the meet point at the bike shop – this is both sign on and marshal meet point. (Marshal briefing is 0745 sharp)

Also shows the parking field – please use our field and not the main car park.

Parking is £4 (compared to £7+ for the FC car park). But is tomorrow only.

Any questions drop them below – I’m around at home till midday today so have wifi

Cheers

Mike
    (Kev is still up there so prob cannot answer any questions himself)

I’ll be there riding this monstrosity…

Hans Dampf supergravity rear, HR2 3c exo front – which I’m sure will be just fine.

jaffejoffer
    Free Member

I’ve done every other round but just didn’t fancy this when they announced it for some reason, guess I was hoping for an exciting new venue? Also had ard rock and K&q lately so didn’t enter. Bloody wish I was now tho!

reggiegasket
    Free Member

I’ll be there

Simon

Just been out and ridden S1 and S5.
    Struggled on both TBH!

chakaping
    Free Member

Why’s that? Muddy? Gnarly? Steep? All of the above?

Simon

Couldn’t get over the off camber roots at the end of S1 without dabbing. And the steep rock roll on S5 I just bottled out of and pushed down 😳

samcamsdad

So where’s stage 1 and 5 then? I’ve been pondering which trails we’re racing on all week!

Simon

S1 is on the other side of the road from the visitors centre and finishes near the campsite at Satterthwaite.
    S5 starts on the fire road then into a muddy rooty path before joining the last bit of the NFT at the boardwalk.

reggiegasket
    Free Member

how wet/muddy is it?

samcamsdad

Cool cheers Simon, love that stage 5 section through the woods, they used it at the first pmba in grizedale a couple of years ago.

samcamsdad

Well that was harder than I expected!! Crashed twice on stage 1, and over the bars on stage 4.
    Stage 2 was brutal in the mud, but still great fun. Don’t think I had a clean run on any stage, so happy with a time of 11.17.
    According to my strava I’ve done 35 miles, ( went a bit wrong on the practice loop) and about 6000ft of climbing today!!! Tired now 😀
    Great event again, thanks to all marshals and organisers.

darrenspink
    Free Member

Everyone still alive?

samcamsdad

Ha ha, just! Well done anyone who didn’t crash today!

Simon

I didn’t crash but I was very slooow!

reggiegasket
    Free Member

+1 hard day out. Difficult conditions made it hard to have a clean run on 1, 2 and 5.

thestabiliser
    Free Member

i crashed. a lot. basically last on everything and last overall discpunting those with mechanicals just glad i’m still alive TBH. xc race anyone?

jontykint
    Free Member

2 offs on stage 2 lost a good minute or so, which would have possibly just squeezed me into top half of masters.
    Other stages quite clean for me I think!
    Awesome day on the bikes as I had done a 50 mile road ride in the morning before the race.
    Pretty tired now!

slimporcini
    Free Member

Yep, still in one piece, just about! Today was one of the toughest days I have ever had on the bike.

shifter
    Free Member

Jeebus that was a tough day out! I am knackered.

samcamsdad

Results now up on sport ident website.

chakaping
    Free Member

That was a big day out.

Managed the climbing fine, I knew that august strava climbing challenge would pay off.

Otb on stage 2 ballsed up my race a bit. Trails were so much fun I didn’t mind that much though.

🙂

Tracey

Just got back. Great event. Abigale finished 6th in the Ladies. Busted the rear mech cable going down stage 3 so had to do the rest with just granny and a small cog.

chakaping
    Free Member
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 49 total)

The topic ‘Grizedale PMBA’ is closed to new replies.