Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Grippier than a vertcial???
  • P20

Looking ahead to winter tyre choices. I've ran Conti Slash rear and Vertical front for last few years, but want a bit more grip, especially on the front. Its a yeti 575 mainly for trail/xc use. I did briefly think of High rollers, but i'm not sure. I do like the 2.3 size of the conti's.

Cheers 😀

saladdodger
    Free Member

Nobby nicks on the front work realy well for me as a summer tyre

for the winter I am back to a Kenda Blue Groove much much better than a vertical for my riding style (or lack of it)

P20

Cheers, didn't think about the Kendas. Should have mentioned they'll running Stans notubes

saladdodger
    Free Member

sorry not a clue I have never been tubeless

twohats
    Free Member

for the winter I am back to a Kenda Blue Groove

Are you serious? As a winter tyre? Where do you spend your winter, the slick rock of Moab???

devs
    Free Member

Greased up inner tubes are grippier than Verts. Can't go wrong with HRs IMNSHO.

MRanger156
    Free Member

HR's are a great all year round tyre. Come up a little on the small side but I'd go for a 2.35 up front and a 2.1 at the back both in 62a, single play, kevlar.

saladdodger
    Free Member

twohats – Member

for the winter I am back to a Kenda Blue Groove

Are you serious? As a winter tyre? Where do you spend your winter, the slick rock of Moab???

close try the Quantocks they work for me, what do you use??

twohats
    Free Member

close try the Quantocks they work for me, what do you use??

Conti 4 season as I don't ride in the mud! I'll only ride MTB in the winter when it freezes up, then my summer tyres get the job done!

UK-FLATLANDER

Bontrager Mud-X, bit smaller than Vert, but very good on winter trails and can usually be picked up quite cheaply too.

P20

Which of the high rollers? 42 or 60? Will check out the bontys too

Capt.Kronos
    Free Member

I have just switched (well, in the last 6 months) from Nokian NBX 2.3 jobs to Halo Choir Masters also of 2.3 flavour. Both UST, and whilst I loved the NBX I have been finding the Halo just that bit more inspiring.

These are also on a Yeti 575, and seem to be suiting the Lakes rather well!

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Grippier than a vertcial???’ is closed to new replies.