Viewing 32 posts - 1 through 32 (of 32 total)
  • Green Lanes
  • craigmorris22
    Free Member

Any ideas for good green lanes in 4×4….

Not daft, it’s a spanking new motor… But disagree with the Chelsea tractor idea. So fancy a bit of off roading… Maybe in the Peak?

wwaswas

obvious troll is obvious.

donsimon
    Free Member
    craigmorris22
    Free Member

What the **** is troll?

craigmorris22
    Free Member

Cheers Don

Garry_Lager

In the Peaks, Rushup Edge to Royce Clough towards South Heid way seems a popular route – any time I’ve ridden that at a weekend I’ve seen a convoy of spanners driving their 4x4s through.

Tiger6791

Just use ‘cheeky’ bridleways!

If you put the word ‘cheeky’ in front it should be okay 😉

donsimon
    Free Member
    uwe-r
    Free Member

Wait there – I will be back in a minute to give you list of all the decent legal bike tracks I know so you can go drive your car up them like a nob!

cinnamon_girl

Wrong Forum.

donsimon
    Free Member
    craigmorris22
    Free Member

Cheers for the relevant replies….

Get a job if your on for a moan

rogerthecat
    Free Member

There’s a lovely green lane in Great Longstone, it featured on the BBC a couple of weeks ago, the locals will all come out and wave to you, some even take pictures and collect registration numbers as a hobby. Enjoy!

wwaswas

it’s a spanking new motor

could you be more specific?

donsimon
    Free Member

could you be more specific?

Pajero? 😈

cinnamon_girl

Get a job if your on for a moan

Oooh get you. 😆

hp_source

try this for some off-roading.Landcraft

don’t get too upset about being heckled… you are asking about the leisure activity of the devil by most peoples standards on here… you could just add that you’re only driving a 4×4 out into the moors to unload your scrambler to go sit revving in a peat bog for a few hours.

wwaswas

hp_source – it’s a troll and got the response it deserves..

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Check out LandRover World classified for lists of purpose-built off-road tracks – usually easier to navigate than green lanes.

But whatever you do, be sure to have the kit you need – off-road tyres, elasticated bungee rope, shovel, winch etc or you will end up looking a knob one way or another.

(remembers watching a guy bin his new Land Cruiser sideways sliding into a tree at Tong near Bradford as we sailed by in our 40 yr old LWB Landy that actually had suitable tyres on.

Ohh, and learn how to drive correctly off-road if you have never done it – there are particular tricks to doing it safely.

CountZero

There’s a ‘green lane’ I used to ride along near Castle Combe, called Summer Lane; it cut a big chunk of busy main road off and was nice and quiet. Then the 4×4 crowd discovered its charms and used to use it as a fun little excursion on their way back to Bristol.
    Until Wiltshire Council closed it for nearly three years.
    Not that anyone could actually use it for anything, you understand, there were several lakes the width of a Range Rover and twice the length that were a meter deep, including one that went off into the hedge on one side and reconnected fifty feet further on. I have a photo somewhere after it dried out of my bike in the bottom of the trench, and the original track surface nearly six inches above the tyres.
    It’s that sort of behaviour that sees people like you labeled as as inconsiderate, selfish cocks by people on here.
    If you want to play with your Tonka Toy, there’s lots of open country around Amesbury, Tidworth and Upavon where you can go, they even thoughtfully mark it out with lots of red flags so you can clearly see where to drive… :mrgreen:

craigmorris22
    Free Member

Clearly a sport southerners can’t handle…

Discuss

cinnamon_girl

Ooooh an internet tough guy. 🙄

uwe-r
    Free Member

A sport, LOL. 😆

wwaswas

Bless his little cotton socks.

Discuss.

unklehomered
    Free Member

A sport, LOL.

+1

I’m sure proper green laning is fun and the challange rewarding, but its not a sport.

Tiger6791

Join GLASS – http://www.glass-uk.org/

It’s not a sport

I think access rights for all should be defended.

But this is a troll and I think the argument you may have been looking for has not worked out.

Try a rambling forum? They might bite?

uwe-r
    Free Member

Why not try other notable sports enjoyed by like minded people:

Jet skiing, Seal clubbing, Snow blading or cow tipping?

bravohotel8er
    Free Member

Salisbury Plain would be ideal, make sure there’s a red flag flying though. That means ‘welcome drivers’

craigmorris22
    Free Member

Jet skiing is sound… Lucky there are decent cars to pull them off the beach…

Seal clubbing isn’t all that bad tho.. It’s over quick eh?

donsimon
    Free Member

Seal skiing is much more fun though.

santacruzsi
    Free Member

Cow tipping on skis? There’s a thought….! 😆

Northwind

So we all want unrestricted access to places we want to ride… But we don’t want anyone else to have even limited access. And the erosion we cause is good erosion obviously. 4x4s should all be forced onto purpose-built tracks, that’s a really good precedent to set I reckon.

Viewing 32 posts - 1 through 32 (of 32 total)

The topic ‘Green Lanes’ is closed to new replies.