• This topic has 12 replies, 12 voices, and was last updated 13 years ago by DJC.
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Great Rock Skills Course………Highly Recommended
  • JimBowen
    Free Member

Went on a skills course at Gisburn Forest on thursday with my old man and a mate and wanted to say how much we all enjoyed it and learnt lots of new riding techniques.

Firstly i must mention what a top bloke Ed Oxley of Great Rock is. He's also a very good instructor who had us riding things that we would never think of………cheers Ed.

The course was very well structured, interesting and laid back. Ed has a knack of explaining things well and makes what he's teaching easy to understand.

I would definately recommend taking a skills course to improve your riding. i was sceptical at first but after about half an hour with Ed it became apparent that it was a good investment.

Must also thank Tim at Whelpstone Cafe Bike Shop for letting me ride his demo Ragley mmmbop, a fantastic bike. I've always been a full suss guy but after a day with Ed and riding this bike i know plan to buy a hardtail because with good technique and body postioning you don't need a full suss at trail centres.

thanks again Ed

toons
    Free Member

+1 Best upgrade I ever bought 🙂

jedi

it's never about need. it's about want

coolhandluke
    Free Member

+ another for Ed.

He cured my "I can't ride steep rocky descents anymore" syndrome, that I caught last year.

Ed-O
    Free Member

Thanks for the feedback Baz, or should I call you Jim….it's always good to hear 🙂

JimBowen
    Free Member

No worries Ed.

My riding is improving every time i go out thanks to your coaching 🙂

Think that i would like to progress to the next level when the skills i learnt last week become 2nd nature!

Just need to convince my missus that i need to buy a Ragley mmmbop frame.

Baz aka Jim Bowen

snowslave

+7 of us who did a day with Ed yesterday in sunny Gisburn. A real eye opener, got lots of homework to do now!

It's brilliant to have to think about your riding like that, and we all really enjoyed it.

Worth every penny……..

flippinheckler
    Free Member

Great Rock Skills Tuition is on my to do list, nice to hear more positive feedback about Ed, having broken my collarbone & not having a bike has put me back a bit, fingers crossed new bike arrives Friday so I can plan some rides etc.

CHUCKMORR1S
    Free Member

I've heard a lot of good reports about Great Rock skills tuition.

Definitely on my to-do-list this summer/autumn.

firestarter
    Free Member

another + for ed here too. ive done the stop crashing and then followed it up with the flow 2 dayer. great courses learnt lots and still learning now as you think about the stuff you learnt each time you get on the bike so constantly improving. highly recommended.

ed80
    Free Member

The same as what everyone else has said; great course, money well spent. It's been a couple of months since I did the Flow / Black Magic course with Ed and things are still clicking into place now.

cb

Just booked a course for later in the summer – here's hoping that I'm not beyond help!!

DJC
    Free Member

+7 of us who did a day with Ed yesterday in sunny Gisburn.

As one of the +7 I'd agree with the positive sentiments. If I'd done something like this sooner the bad habits would be less entrenched at the point now that I'm trying to do something about them.

Anyone know if Ed's still doing didjeridoo workshops, and if so have any feedback to share on those?

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Great Rock Skills Course………Highly Recommended’ is closed to new replies.