Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • Great Pugsley Adventure Video
  • charliedontsurf

Makes you want to load up your bike and get the hell out…

[video]http://vimeo.com/25943565[/video]

bullheart
    Free Member

Lovely. Just lovely.

Thanks fella.

ton

that is bloody fantastic that.

everything that is good, bikes, mates and adventure……… 8)

Singlespeed_Shep
    Free Member

Fantastic, looks like i’m on the spend now.

charliedontsurf

Just to remind you fat curious chaps… we have a pugsley demo and you are welcome to take it over our local dunes (nudists permitting)

http://www.charliethebikemonger.com/demo-bikes-14-w.asp

Gotama
    Free Member

Does anyone ride one of these round the surrey hills or similar singletrack? Just thinking it might make a perfect pootling bike for winter mud or gentler rides where i don’t want to go hoofing round like a loon all the time. Or are they a complete pig on the hills?

Charlie – Tried to find some pricing for wheels on your website but couldn’t. What’s the rough cost for a pair? Ta

ton

Charlie…….just wondering if you are going to the big bike bash?
    and if you are, would you mind bringing a big pugsley along for me to try.

Mantastic
    Free Member

@Gotama and Ton – I have recently taken delivery of a 22inch pugsley. Has taken six months to get one but the guys at the Bike chain in Edinburgh came up with the goods. 22inch are classed as a special order and not that readily avaialble.

Anyway, I have been riding it over the dusty singletrack in my local forest for a week now and all I can say is get one. I havent stopped smiling as it brings a whole new dimension to your riding. As for climbing, I am still climbing with my mates so in now way causing me any issue, just pump the tyres up abit and away you go.

Am based in the midlands if anyone wants a test ride

bcjames
    Free Member

Wow, thats an incredible video! What an adventure, I can’t imagine how amazing that would be to be there in person!

The bikes look really cool too!

D0NK

Wondered why no one replied to my thread you’re all in here. Great video, wish I could have a crack at that, those pack rafts aint cheap.

Flashy
    Free Member

Drat can’t get in the vid from work.

I’ve been riding mine at Ashton Court, great, the look on peoples faces when they pull over and see me trundle by is priceless.

Charlie, what Ton said X 2

coastkid
    Free Member

Here is another film by one of the guys,Roman, of there trip,
    [video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O2cf1fF1i2E[/video]

We will be rolling a half Squadron(6) of pugsleys here in East Lothian soon so plenty here if anyone wants a shot of one on sand 🙂

If you cant afford to go to Alaska you have to head up to the NW Coast of Scotland, Sandwood Bay, Oldshoremore and the big daddy of dunes- Faraid Head at Durness, largest area of dunes (i think) in the UK, one descent onto the beach was 1m 18 secs 🙂 light nearly 24 hours, this was filmed at 10pm, amazing light up there a few weeks ago… some big dune surfing towards the end,
    published in wrong format but maybe your pc can stretch it a bit 😉
    [video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zNTO8iWDuoM[/video]

RestlessNative
    Free Member

awesome, both alaska and coastkid

really seriusly thinking of selling my old kawasaki to fund one of these, shame I am so far from swanage to go and test one

Tiger6791

Enjoyed that; thanks

flashes
    Free Member

Actually now I’ve seen the vids, I know what I’d prefer to do, nice one Coastkid………….

Flashy
    Free Member

I’ve just realised I’ve stood on the beach in Scotland. Years ago I had a job where my company paid private fuel, so I drove the firm’s Rover 216 up to Scotland and all round the coast (plus Skye) in a week. That is one Mother hubbard of a beach.

I must work out a reason and more importantly time to do the same trip but with the pug on the back.

mrplaybus

Coastkid
    What’s the music in your video please.
    Nice video by the way 🙂

Cheers a

popartpoem
    Free Member

I’m sat on my couch wishing I was there!

Makes my Coast 2 Coast earlier this year look a bit feeble 😯

mcnik
    Free Member

wish I could have a crack at that, those pack rafts aint cheap.

They are not cheap, but for what they do, they are good value IMHO.

I have been in mine at least once a week since I got it last February. Gone from a total novice to running class 3 whitewater rapids, mile long solo loch crossings with bike and tent, ocean surfing, and generally messing about.

If you have any inclination to want to do stuff on water, I think they are a great buy. They’ll do a lot of stuff a kayak will do, but can carry a bunch of kit (or even two people at a pinch), and are easier for novices to stay upright on.

Just back from a weeks holiday that included a 3 day solo bike / packraft expedition – photos soon!

coastkid
    Free Member

mrplaybus – Member

Coastkid
    What’s the music in your video please.
    Nice video by the way

Cheers a

Hi, Song in my film is Lady Labyrinth by Ludovico Einaudi 🙂

JohnClimber
    Free Member

Thanks for the bump Coastkid. what a stunning film.

I’d love to do something like that around the Outer Hebrides

santacoops
    Free Member

Great video, truly.

Flashy – I’m sure I’ve seen you up AC, think I had a big smile on my face when I saw your steed, would love one. G

guitarmanjon
    Free Member

Wow. Would love to have a crack at a trip like the OP. Truly stunning and some beautiful photography.

I’d settle for NW Scotland though…an equally stunning place.

Now, how much am I going to have to save up for one of these Pugsley things…?

JohnClimber
    Free Member

guitarmanjon – Member
    Now, how much am I going to have to save up for one of these Pugsley things…?

£1.2k approx for a Salsa Mukluk

flashes
    Free Member

santacoops
    If it was a purple Pugsley and ridden by a handsome devil with the physique of a racing snake, that was me……….you’re more than welcome to have a spin. Normally go up Mondays and Thursday evenings and Saturday or Sunday day, not always with the Pug though. I’m a Cheesy Rider………..
    Now trying to plan an overnighter, but local……….

mrplaybus

Thanks 🙂

elaineanne
    Free Member

first video is awesome….so chilled, it really does make ya just wanna get out there and dont look back..keep going forever….lol just brilliant 😉 :mrgreen:

guitarmanjon
    Free Member

£1.2k approx for a Salsa Mukluk

I’ll be saving for a while then. Is there any appreciable difference between the Mukluk and the Pugsley (apart from vertical vs horizontal dropouts)?

Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)

The topic ‘Great Pugsley Adventure Video’ is closed to new replies.