Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • gravity dropper gamble
  • sweepy
    Free Member

Ive just taken a punt on a non working gravity dropper off ebay for eighty five squids. Fingers crossed its an easy fix 🙂

It doesnt look like it comes with the boot, anyone know where I can get one?

Anyone recommend a service guide, or general tips?

This one

EDIT- belay that request for the boot, they have them at CRC

MaryHinge
    Free Member

Looks like one of the older ones, but should be good.

Gravity Dropper in the US will supply all the bits, really cheaply, and quickly, and will be able to give you service details too.

hugor
    Free Member

They are not very hard to fix. The website has some good diagrams.

lipseal
    Free Member

Chain reaction sell the spares.

Northwind

The stanchion looks a bit worn, which might mean it doesn’t get on too well with a new top bushing- mate of mine let his get like that and it jammed up with a new one fitted, had to rebuild with the old one.

TBH the fix is fairly likely to be simple, lots of cleaning out etc. But if any of the guides or bushings are worn out I’d suggest getting a whole new stanchion- they’re not expensive and it comes with loads of new parts. Also, if you go down that route give some thought to whether you want multi-height drop, it’s a weakness in the design as the extra hole is a monster stress riser, makes the post more likely to break- though still not weak.

I’d slightly worry that the problem might be related to the re-fixed Turbo mechanism… If it’s squint, or if the adhesive got somewhere it shouldn’t. But even then, at worst that means breaking it off and refitting.

I reckon it’ll be fixable, and not too expensive to do so, but might be a wee bit of a niggle in the meantime. Good luck!

sweepy
    Free Member

I did worry, but the fella has top feedback, and I payed by paypal.
    Ive wanted one of these for an age but just couldnt justify the price so i’ll be a happy bunny if it works out.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘gravity dropper gamble’ is closed to new replies.