Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Gravity Dropper and postage to the USofA
  • Simon

The turbo unit on my Gravity Dropper came un-bonded from the post tonight. Looks like my options are glue it back on myself and hope it stays put or send it back to GD in the states and get them to repair it and add 4 counter sunk screws so it can’t happen again.

If I choose to send it back who’s best to send it with?

johnhe

They fixed mine free of charge when the same thing happened to mine – even though I made it clear that I wasn’t the original owner and warranty had clearly expired.

I juat walked into the post office and asked how much it cost to post to the US with insurance – from memory it was about a tender, but I could be mis remembering.

They also offered a rebuild for $18 which I took them up on since it was there anyway. Great people, and great service.

sweepy
    Free Member

I just sent mine with no tracking or insurance, which was also around a tenner. Took a while to get to them, I’d just about written it off. Had the rebuild and it came back with the bolts and a new boot despite not paying for that. Top bunch.

Simon

I think I’ll send it back to GD then, but with the Royal Mail price increases it looks like it’s going to cost 20 quid.

simonside
    Free Member

Same happened to mine, sent it with RM with no insurance etc. Great after sales service, repaired and fully serviced(lots of new bits fitted)for considerably less than it would`ve cost for bits here in UK. Thats part of what makes them better than the “hydraulic generation”.

mrh86

Same thing happened to mine. I tried bonding my turbo unit on a couple of times myself with various metal epoxies, with little success.

Sent it back to GD. Tracked delivery was just over £20 with RM. Paid GD $18 and they replaced all the internals and tapped 4 holes for the turbo unit.

Worth it in my opinion

sweepy
    Free Member

I did also have to pay return postage for mine, some don’t seem to. Still a good deal tho.

I rebonded with JB weld which seemed to be working fine before I sent it in for service, but they put the screws in anyway

kimbers

same happened to me, sent it off to GD- well worth it they replaced the whole top unit on mine as well as all seals/bushings for $18 turn around was about 10 days

Simon

Seatpost is now on it’s way back to Gravity Dropper, they were happy to repair it although I had to pay for a service which cost me a whopping £12.16.

Simon

It’s back good as new 🙂

smudge
    Free Member

I sent mine back as it had a small hairline crack, and as the others have pointed out paid the $18 for the service. The best $18 I have ever spent. Came back looking new, pretty much replaced everything.

You only know how good a company is when you have something that goes wrong I say.

starfanglednutter
    Free Member

^^ This. After much deliberation, it was mainly the reports of great service that have made me upgrade my Descender GD to Turbo rather than going for the KS Lev. It may be the ugly ducking of the dropper world, but the light weight, ease of self service and great customer service still make it the best IMHO.

composite
    Free Member

Same happened with mine I contacted them and they said they said they would do me a full service and rebuild and repair the broken bit for $18. I also made it clear I wasn’t the first owner and its way out of warranty.

I haven’t sent it back yet as I’m lazy but I cable tied the controller on and its been fine since. In fact it actually makes it easy to re-lube the puller bit which I did last night and cabled tied back on again. 😀

granny_ring

So on top of the $18 for the service, how much for postage costs to send and I’m confused if they charge for sending it back?

ir_bandito
    Free Member

I sent mine back, cost me about £15 with Royal Mail.
    They fixed it for free (depsite being second hand with no warranty) and sent it back for free 🙂

granny_ring

Cheers that is great service.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Gravity Dropper and postage to the USofA’ is closed to new replies.