• This topic has 8 replies, 8 voices, and was last updated 12 years ago by mos.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Grand Designs – Cumbria
  • hora
    Free Member

Office Building in Milton Keynes?

Awful. Cold, distant looking. David Brent would approve.

bruneep

Nah I liked it

AD

I had a look around it last year. Alan (the guy who built it) had a charity ‘open’ night – really interesting building and a clever concept.
    Personally I rather like it but I can see why people might decide it looks like an office building…

kingkongsfinger
    Free Member

£500,000 + for a building you can only build in a 3 week period when the weather has to be perfect, that will defo take off. 😳

dawson

props to the guy for giving it a go, but the issue with putting all the floors and walls in, without getting the roof on would be a problem if the weather was against you.

AnyExcuseToRide
    Free Member

is this a new one or is this the one in bowness where the guy ran our of money big time? then some mysterious guy gave him the money to finsh it?

jason221
    Free Member

Good thinking..

mos

Off-Site constructed are hardly a new thing, be they timber or steel framed. Props to the guy for trying to diversify his business in difficult times though.
    For me it fell down architecturally, as the limits imposed on it by its modular construction made the design a little clunky, but i suppose he did a decent job with what he had.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Grand Designs – Cumbria’ is closed to new replies.