Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Gran Torino
  • jimmy

Watched it last night. Stunning film, I thought. Anyone else?

GNARGNAR
    Free Member

Not stunning. Tonally inconsistent, generic, derivative. Very watch-able all the same, but only because of Clint.

rOcKeTdOg

“get off my lawn” dirty harry o.a.p.

yen
    Free Member

one of the better films of 2009 imo…

juan
    Free Member

Yes I think it’s a brilliant movie to be honest.

flatback
    Free Member

yes great film

johnners
    Free Member

It was good, but not as good as it’s been talked up IMO. It looked like the protagonist was doing a Clint Eastwood impression much of the time.

higgo
    Free Member

You can pull it to pieces for plot, structure, some of the acting, some of the dialogue etc.

But I thoroughly enjoyed it.

jimmy

thing i really like about it is that A.Anyother hollywood director could have taken on the plot and glamorised it way more with more violence & bigger names, but it was nicely understated and particularly liked the lack of background music throughout.

Anyone else remain glued to their seat at the end watching the beach scene as the credits rolled?

higgo
    Free Member

Anyone else remain glued to their seat at the end watching the beach scene as the credits rolled?

Pretty much everyone in the cinema I was in.

tinribz
    Free Member

One dimensional characters, predictable plot, clee-shayed dialogue and cheesy acting. All the things you now notice in 60 / 70s films. But maybe because it reminded you of the first time you saw them it was strangely watchable.

Although with this one coming out about the same time as The Reader, Wrestler and Slumdog its flaws really showed through. Can’t believe the critics rated it so.

eth3er
    Free Member

great film, i loved it. some of the acting was a bit Sunday village hall though.

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

I thought it was a good watchable film! Don’t criticise them too much unless story line pants otherwise would criticise them all!

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

well, i liked it

coffeeking
    Free Member

I enjoyed it lots. Didnt think there was anything major or breakthrough-like in the plot/character etc but I came away from it thinking it was a good film and wasnt a waste of a tenner, rare these days.

swamp_boy

Thought it was workmanlike rather than a great piece of art. Not a great film but enjoyed it, certainly not a waste of the ticket money.

firestarter
    Free Member

missed the beach scene lol what that all about ?

emac65
    Free Member

Plot ok,acting ok,infact everything in it was just ok…
    But it worked & I thought it was a great film.

As for slumdog,the reader & Wrestler.it was better than all of those imo,how the hell Twinset won awards for her role is beyond me…

zaskar
    Free Member

I enjoyed the characters and current issues, sacrifice and hidden meanings.

Good film, not amazing.

MrSparkle

I enjoyed it. But FFS Clint did you have to sing the song as well as direct/star/brew up???

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Gran Torino’ is closed to new replies.