• This topic has 5 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 14 years ago by JxL.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • GPX files – elevation profiles
  • scott_mcavennie2
    Free Member

I have a .gpx file (from motionx on my mobile). Can I upload this anywhere and get an elevation profile of my route?

Anyone know? I know **** all about gpx stuff.

dobo
    Free Member

you can import it into memory map, you will obviously need the relevant map and elevation data

maybe not much help as you would know this if you had it, but its an option, somebody be along in a mo with a link to some online method maybe..

JxL
    Free Member

i also used Motionx for the first time, and for the life I cannot figure out how to get 3d map, or include all pictures that were taken during the ride. Downloaded Google Earth, which was meant to display all these things but no luck so far 🙁

P.S its motionx on iphone.

scott_mcavennie2
    Free Member

Yeah I'm using it on the iPhone as well. I managed to upload the fox file into gpxchange but can't see how to do an elevation profile on that either. The. I found another gpx site that did me an elevation profile but not much else.

It's all a little confusing.

deft
    Free Member

http://www.bikehike.co.uk/mapview.php

Try 'upload route' here then 'show elevation data'

JxL
    Free Member

what about showing pics? i remember reading on motionx facebook page that there is a way to click on pictures where they have been taken, but the GPX file does not contain the images.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘GPX files – elevation profiles’ is closed to new replies.