Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • GPS unit
  • Taff
    Free Member

Been given a load of vouchers for my birthday and want to get a GPS unit. Been looking at the Garmin Edge 200 as it basic and does everything you need at an affordable price. I’ve been interested in the Bryton 20 too especially as you can get the HRM version for the same price as the 200. Anyone got any experience of this? Don’t know whether to go for the latter or play it safe with the Garmin.

Any thoughts?

Taff
    Free Member

Anyone? Want to order something tonight?

I_Ache
    Free Member

I have the Bryton 50 and it seems pretty good. I have no experience with a garmin so cant compare to that. However it is loads better than using a mobile phone. It is quite good for following pre planned routes to places you don’t know very well.

jonba
    Free Member

I assume you don’t want mapping etc?

There were some offers on at halfords for Garmins but these are also cheap. Not sure about the quality though

http://www.holux.com/JCore/en/products/Products.jsp

I have an Edge 800 and have found the unit itself to be very well designed and thought out. The software you can download (basecamp/connect) is rubbish and I use Strava/Endomondo instead as it is much more use friendly.

Taff
    Free Member

It will just be for mapping of routes as opposed to being a sat nav. Will want some computer features though such as speedo, odo etc. The Bryton appeals solely for the HRM. I will probably use it with Strava as thats what I’ve been usig historically anyway.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘GPS unit’ is closed to new replies.