Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Gore Glen, Midlothian
  • Spaceman
    Free Member

Are there any trails in there?

I drive over it on the A7 about three ties a week and often wonder if it’s worth an explore. Deep, steep sided glen with lots of trees, there has to be some riding there surely!

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

There’s a bit but not masses. I usually take a ride out to the other end via some fields and then ride back along the riverside. Some right clarty bits tho’. Some tree felling earlier this year has spoilt one of the better trails into it. You’ll also find some trails that drop down to the river but there’s quite a bit of pushing involved for what are fairly short descents. Most of the woods in Midlothian have some trails in them but there’s been a lot of trees down on them in the last couple of years so it’s getting trickier to piece together rides.

coastkid
    Free Member

Hi, cannot find the film i did of Gore Glen with you Steven but here is a Mid Lothian blog post i did of a ride around Gorebridge area,

The film i am trying to find was on an evening ride in this Blog post

I got far too many films uploaded these days 😀

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

There was a film on here about six months ago that was partly filmed in Gore Glen.

coastkid
    Free Member

Aye i mind it, was up the woods at Crighton Castle too 🙂

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

Apparently the reality wasn’t as good as the directors cut 😉

Spaceman
    Free Member

Interesting stuff guys thanks, might have a bit of an explore round that general area once it dries up a bit (whenever that might be!)

br00n
    Free Member

I had a few wee shots about gore glen a few years back, but it was pretty sparse as far as I remember. its a shame there’s not more about midlothian cos firing out for a quick blast from the hoose would get me out more.

coastkid
    Free Member

Where you located br00n?
    Trails around Gorebridge camp, Newbattle, Roslin, Bilston, Lasswade, as in those films we did 🙂

br00n
    Free Member

i’m in sherwood in bonnyrigg bud

vids??

just watched some of the vids, good stuff, up for some of that BUT …. 6 hours??? just back after a year from a shoulder injury and not been on the bike for years, might be asking a bit much just now 🙂

balfa
    Free Member

I’ve had an explore a couple of times around Roslin, Newbattle, Vorgie and the Gore Glen. There is definitely nice bits of singletrack but I’ve not managed to piece together a route that doesn’t involve a little too much tarmac/doubletrack in between sections.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Gore Glen, Midlothian’ is closed to new replies.