Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • GoPro Mounts
  • tom.nash

Anyone found some secure and heavy duty bike mounts for a GoPro? I have ordered http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=28245 but some forums do not rate the plastic original items so I will go easy on this one as a temporary measure! There is nae much room on my handlebars which are 25.4mm but would like a mount that could record forks compressing, facial expressions and also mount on the seat post for rear looking footage.

Cheers,

JefWachowchow
    Free Member

I have been using this mount on my seat post without any problems. To be fair, it doesn’t instil much confidence when fitting it, it does feel like it may move or snap, but it has been good as gold so far.
    I haven’t ridden any downhill world cup courses with it on though.

gravity-slave
    Free Member

That’s the only/strongest official GoPro mount. I’ve not seen any 3rd party ones.

I’ve used the Ride Hero on a walking pole for skiing, on my bars and also the seatpost while doing some decent jumps and rattling fast through bumps and it’s held up well. I’d always recommend a leash as backup (camera wrist loop through the metal bar on the GoPro housing) and a slip of paper with your contact details on in the housing in case the worst happens…

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

I’ve been using it on the handlebar. It’s not amazingly secure – use a bit of inner tube for grip. You end up doing the knobs very tight. It has worked though.

foofighter
    Free Member

The best mounts I have found are RAM mounts. You can get them from gpscity.com. The post here gives an idea how they work (bottom of post). They are rock solid and you can crank them up really tight. As they are based on ball joints you get lots of positioning options too. Shameless video plug follows…

[video]http://vimeo.com/39590258[/video]

superfli
    Free Member

My GoPro bar mount, which was being used rearwards on my seatpost, snapped the other day. Camera didnt have leash attached, but fortunately my mate was behind to pick it up.

Might try RAM mount as I use them on the motorbike and they are very good.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘GoPro Mounts’ is closed to new replies.