Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • GoPro handlebar mounts?
  • LMT
    Free Member

I have got a set of the old style ones at Halfords booked to pickup tomorrow for £10, but noticed there is a newer one looks less bulky but £30 seems a bit steep or £45 for a pro version.

Anyone use the newer ones worth it over the originals for the session camera?

jimjam
    Free Member

I don’t know about the GoPro branded ones but I’ve got a little machined alloy one which works well and isn’t too obtrusive. Bit fiddly to adjust but if you were really into making videos you could probably just leave it on the bars.

LMT
    Free Member

Yep ive seen those on wiggle, wanted something to hook on the bars and have the camera under the garmin, not going to be a regular camera user, but plan to use it on those big day trips.

LMT
    Free Member

Cheers for £3 worth a punt!

CraigW
    Free Member

You can get combined GoPro / Garmin handlebar mounts. Might save on handlebar space. Don’t know if the cheap ones are any good.

prawny

The cheap combo ones are not good. I’ve got two in my drawer at work, it vibrates so badly the footage is unusable, and it’s hard to read the garmin.

GolfChick
    Free Member

I had the reduced older version reserved at my local store, waited fifteen mins for guy to find it and in the end he gave up and said ‘do you want this one instead?’ And produced the new version…yes I grabbed and ran! I’ve used the original before and could never tighten it enough for it to not spin round, the newer version is fab with rubber centre sections to hold it tight and top clicks into notches allowing you to slightly turn the go pRo to point at you from one side or to get different angle depending on where you mounted it of course. For the £9 I paid, I’m mega chuffed!

sparkyspice
    Free Member

I use Quadlock for my phone and I’ve just bought an “Out Front” mount which you can attach a GoPro to. Simple and neat.

I love Quadlock!

Alternatively buy the cheap Chinese mounts from eBay. The GoPro ones are so overpriced.

Cycling – Out Front Mount

joebristol

Got given a gopro session for my birthday on Monday from the wife. Lovely little camera, but apart from a sticky mount for the top of a helmet it comes with nothing else. Had a play in the week with some of the (multiple) mounts I got with my cheap sjcam and they all work fine. Had one that goes on the handlebars and that stayed firm enough to go round the local pump track (very gingerly as dark and first time I’ve been on the bike since shoulder op in September).

Might be worth people buying the cheap Chinese mounts that are designed to go with all these cheap cameras. They are all interchangeable, and massively cheaper than genuine ones. Also in the kit that came with the sjcam I can make up a mount to go on the seatpost to face the camera backwards to see chasing riders (think that’ll be the sjcam as don’t want stones hitting my session). I bought a cheap chest harness for about a fiver from eBay that works well too. Don’t think I’ll be paying out for genuine GoPro stuff.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘GoPro handlebar mounts?’ is closed to new replies.