Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Googlemail Help……
  • nageeknitram
    Free Member

I've collected a lot of email addresses through ebay and my new website business and I want to do an email shot this weekend of new promotions.

However, I don't want to display everyones email address to other people, and as there are over 200 email addresses I don't fancy sending them individually.

So, is there anyway I can copy the whole list and for the recepient not to see all the other email addresses.

Does that make sense ?
    Cheers

simon1975

bcc?

geoffj

Put them all in the BCC section.

nageeknitram
    Free Member

So simply instead of copying them all into the "TO" section I copy them all in the "BCC" section

Does that definitly work – I'd hate to send everyone other peoples addresses !

Thanks

uplink
    Free Member

Does that definitly work

Yeah – all amateur spammers do it that way 😉

nageeknitram
    Free Member

Ha Ha thanks all

tomdebruin
    Free Member

BCC stands for blank carbon copy.
    You have to have peoples permission to email them. This law is not really adhered to in the email campaigns, but it's best that you're aware of it if you plan on doing it on a regular basis. Better get it right from the start.

You're probably better off using a service like http://www.mailchimp.com/ (the free plan will work for you).

nageeknitram
    Free Member

Thanks Tom dB – yeah I'm aware of the privacy policies etc, and there is an option to opt out of future emails

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Googlemail Help……’ is closed to new replies.