Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • google train
  • Onzadog
    Free Member

Anyone else noticed that the gear arrangement would lock up?

orena45

Nope, but glad Google’s been giving local boy Richard Trevithick some love today 🙂

tumnurkoz
    Free Member

Cringed when i overheard someone at work commenting ‘who’s this trev bloke and what’s he got to do with trains…’ damn, i despair.

SprocketJockey
    Free Member

Anyone else noticed that the gear arrangement would lock up?

you clearly have far too much time on your hands….

Pete
    Free Member

Sad to say I looked at the gear mesh and thought the same but I think you’ll find the middle gear wasn’t in mesh (if you look closely)

Onzadog
    Free Member

I did have too much free time yesterday. There does look to be a slight gap between the middle wheel and both the red and yellow cogs. However, if we start looking too closely, it appears that the yellow cog is out of sync with the front wheel and mounted in a different plane which then raises the question of why the yellow cog exists and why the middle and front wheels are geared.

donsimon
    Free Member

With all due respect, wtf are you talking about?

mansonsoul
    Free Member

With all due respect, wtf are you talking about?

+1 ?

Drac

It was yesterday’s Google logo.

mansonsoul
    Free Member

Amazing geekery lads, top marks! 😀

Onzadog
    Free Member

Why thank you mansonsoul, it’s good to be appreciated for ones efforts.

stigothedump
    Free Member

It could work if you have the gear on the middle wheelset as an idler gear, this would then mean that both the front and rear wheelsets would be driven in the same direction. If not then middle wheel would just tear the thing apart

Onzadog
    Free Member

Which one do you think it’s the idler for? The clearance is the same from both.

Dobbo

Using iGoogle you miss all the little logo pics, logged at and had a look at it, cute little pic, I wish I was arty and could do stuff like that.

You can look back through the old ones Here.

Moses

It’s not geekery, it’s just obvious that when you have 3 cogs intermeshed like the red, yellow & central grey ones, that none of them can turn.
    But yes, I’m pleased to see that Trevithick was celebrated. What a clever man.

philconsequence
    Free Member

lol its meant to look like the word google not be a working piece of trainery 😆

Dobbo

Trevithick v Stephenson v Brunel v Telford
    That would be a fight-off I’d have to side with Brunel.

stigothedump
    Free Member

Right sorted the red and yellow gears should not be in mesh and the grey gear on the middle axle should be an idler gear not connected to the axle therefore making a viable working google train!!!!!

molgrips
    Free Member

Whilst we’re on the subject, anyone else get annoyed at the Driver Dan train from CBeebies? It’s all wrong.

Seriously, wtf is that meant to be? How is that teaching our kids about engineering?

Dobbo

Is the bird on the chimney the problem?

Onzadog
    Free Member

How much wheel slip would that produce? As you say, no wonder this country can’t turn out any worthwhile engineers any more.

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘google train’ is closed to new replies.