Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Google Chrome problems
  • speaker2animals

Hi – anyone else experiencing problems with Chrome the last couple of days? Almost everytime I kick it in either get a banner message that Shockwave Flash has crashed or Google Gears has. I uninstalled today and reinstalled in case my copy had got corrupted. It’s run OK until about 30 mins ago and now the same messages are coming up. I’ve run a security scan today but it’s shown up no problems.

Any ideas users of Chrome? I know I’m wasting my time, but if you don’t use it cos you don’t like Google please try to not bother answering that I should be using X,Y or Z instead cos they are much cooler.

xiphon
    Free Member

You running the latest version?

[spanner] -> About Google Chrome

druidh
    Free Member
    poly
    Free Member

Maybe not much help – but I’ve had no problems with Chromium at home (under linux) or Chrome in the office.

fivespot
    Free Member

Recently gone to chrome and also having same problems. Its fast when working OK, but also slow as f00k! on many occasions

joolsburger
    Free Member

Had that uninstalled flash and reinstalled seems ok, no gears error message anymore either.

spooky_b329

Same issue here, was brought on by the latest auto update of Chrome. I’m burying my head at the moment and hoping ‘they’ will fix it.

druidh
    Free Member

Got an example of a site it’s failing on?

spooky_b329

Everything with a flash banner, so this website (right above the reply box) youtube, just about every site I visit.

Big black bars with an unhappy jigsaw icon/face, plus just in case I missed it, a yellow notification bar that pops up telling me the Shockwave Plug-in has crashed.

There are temporary fixes involving reinstalling stuff but apparently it reverts back after a short while.

speaker2animals

Well sounds like it is a problem with the latest iteration so I will just wait it out until an update sorts it out. It’s not a real biggy, I just wanted to know if I needed to do something to my PC.

Ta

joolsburger
    Free Member

Uninstall flash reboot pc reinstall flash problem solved.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Google Chrome problems’ is closed to new replies.