• This topic has 9 replies, 5 voices, and was last updated 14 years ago by Stu.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Goodbye joblesstrackworld…
  • ScotlandTheScared

Goodbye joblesstrackworld – I shall miss your seemingly endless ability to distract me from the dull tedium of joblessness. As of March, I shall be unable to read every single post on every single 'what tyre' thread – woe is me. Instead I shall be doing numerical simulations of ice stream retreat in Antarctica… it's a tough job, but someone's got to do it 🙂

Stu

Ha! Sucked back into the world of research Stew? 😆 Good luck!

tails
    Free Member

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!! congrats mate, shall be super cold but not many people set foot on that lump of land/ice. Getting a job is still hard work, and it gets very demoralizing at times.

ScotlandTheScared

Hi Stu – yup. I never left – I've effectively been writing research proposals and papers full time for a year for absolutely no pay. But its paid off in the end. Where are you based these days?

ScotlandTheScared

tails – alas – I dont actually get to go to Antarctica. I will simply be sitting in front of a computer simulating ice retreat. All the field work has been done already :(. But still – its quite a cool job, and I still hold out hope of getting there someday…

Stu

Still in Ed. Appear to be a fellow now though which is nice! Where's the job? And congratulations of course!

the_sea_is_silent
    Free Member

I read that too fast the first time and thought you said you were simulating "ice cream treats in Antarctica"!

Must read more slowly and stop skimming.

Congrats on the new job!

uplink
    Free Member

Going to Antarctica in Winter would have been fun 😀

ScotlandTheScared

Stu – will be in Durham. Not a fellow – that'll be the next attempt! I am still a visiting fellow to Edinburgh too… I was up in Edinburgh last week and was disappointed to see that the Hutton Club posters have gone downhill nowadays. Sometimes I think those posters will be my only real legacy…

Ice cream retreat – now that would be a global disaster of immense proportions!

Stu

Yep, posters have definitely gone downhill since you left!! 🙄 Enjoy Durham – had a look round last year and looked like a nice place.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Goodbye joblesstrackworld…’ is closed to new replies.