Viewing 39 posts - 1 through 39 (of 39 total)
  • Good value flat pedals
  • Bushwacked
    Free Member

Need to get some new flat pedals – anyone recommend some good value flats?

Been running DMR v8s but I know there are a whole lot more out there these days including BMX brand pedals that would be good.

jedi

azonic aframes

meehaja
    Free Member

BMX seems to be all about plastic pedals now? Maybe thats the way forward?

iain1775
    Free Member

dnt superstar have an offer on some at the mo?

jonb
    Free Member

I like these. Good if you clip rocks.

http://www.readytoridecycles.co.uk/ht-components-nano—an03ss-flat-pedal-357-p.asp

Superstarcomponents do the same in a choice of colours but they cost more last time I checked.

Bushwacked
    Free Member

Jedi – look nice, but how much??!!! As Atkins would say "You can get 3 beers in Ibzia for that!!!"

schmiken

Wellgo Mag 1s.

ziggy
    Free Member

Gusset Pinheads for me, cheap light and grippy. Also hurt slightly less than full metal pedals on the shins.

They look ace as well.

jedi

welgos are too soft .
    azonics trust me

mboy
    Free Member

Supertar's version of the highly rated Nano tech pedal that is also sold under loads of other brands, and currently only £32!..

Or consider some Easton Flatboys. Not that cheap (unless you happen to be lucky enough to find some 2nd hand) but they're indestructible, and mega grippy!

cinnamon_girl

Funn Soljam's and they have sealed bearings which means low maintenance!

Or Straitlines which are a bit dearer.

rudedog
    Free Member

jedi – Member
    welgos are too soft .
    azonics trust me

too soft for what? I've had my MG1s for the last year and they have taken some real abuse. I think they are cracking pedals for the price.

Northwind

Another recommendation for MG1s. Soft if you intend to constantly smash them off rocks. Otherwise fine. And very light for the money. Bit thick

Superstar's Nanos are good too.

alexpalacefan

+1 for MG-1s. They may be soft (ish) but at this price just be careful with 'em. And they are SO light 🙂 Super grippy too.

APF

Mugboo

MG-1's here. I'm new to flats but these are very grippy and way better than the V8 copys i tried.

Loving flats, apart from fast, rocky, pedally stuff…bad technique!

freeridenick
    Free Member

wellgo b-54's

jedi

i have the mg1 on both bmx and trying them on the hummmer.
    smalle platform than the azonics and less grippy for that matter.
    the pins tear out too easy under any abuse

popstar
    Free Member

B54 's got bigger platform, are grippier than MG1, sturdier against rocks and at £25 are cheaper than MG1! MG1s going on my wife's bike.

jedi

my mates b54's lasted years.
    i have never used them

Bushwacked
    Free Member

Looks like the Superstars are pick of the bunch at the moment

StuE
    Free Member

I'am using Kona Wah Wah's,lots of grip , light and thin, great pedal http://www.allterraincycles.co.uk/product/120831.html

nickegg
    Free Member

Go with the Superstars…on offer right now, cheap and have lasted well for me. Got some on both bikes, the first pair since August and they've lasted well through the winter.

Kona Wahs-Wahs are identical to Superstar Nano-tech but twice the price!

grim168
    Free Member

+1 superstar. Bought while on current offer and delivered within 24 hours with a bag of haribos.

doug_basqueMTB.com

After a few years using straitlines I bought a cheap set of the superstars to try out. I´ve used them twice so not a long term opinion. The platform is nice and they´re grippy. They look to be well made. The colour won´t last for long, it´s already come off on some parts of the pedal.

Onzadog
    Free Member

I ended up with the Shimano DX when I asked this question and hen the wife ended up with Wellgo MG-1s when we asked again. Both have been fine for our needs.

mamadirt
    Free Member

BMX seems to be all about plastic pedals now? Maybe thats the way forward?

I'm running plastics (Odyssey Twisted PC) on my Slopestyle 'cos I like the colour 🙄 . Plenty grippy enough in the dry and save my shins . . .

. . . but I definitely wouldn't recommend using an old knackered pair with worn down pins that my son had been using for grinding 😳 . . .

Swiftacular
    Free Member

Whatabout those superslim Raleigh ones for £55? Look as good as my £100+ Crampons.

specialized
    Free Member

grim168 – Member
    +1 superstar. Bought while on current offer and delivered within 24 hours with a bag of haribos.

did you really get a bag of haribos? i am weeelll ordering some if you do thats quality service! haha

flippinheckler
    Free Member

Superstar are out of stock of Nano's at the moment!

_tom_
    Free Member

I just use the cheapest Wellgo's, they seem to last me ages although granted I don't do much wet/muddy riding so not sure how well the unsealed ones would cope with that.

Zilog
    Free Member

http://www.fatspanneruk.com/news_story.aspx?Story=16 Good price and the Dobbers last well 🙂

gcaster
    Free Member

+1 for the HT Components from Ready to Ride Cycles.
    Same as the nano-flats from Superstar but a fiver cheaper and they grippy as hell!
    Love mine, you'll not belive the diference from V8s!

viv
    Free Member

SUPERSTAR are great, get them now while they're on offer and get the gold TI axles too – 1st ride on mine today, great, nice and grippy ( but I knew that pin set up would be ) and spin nicely.

Dont touch atomlab with a barge pole – most expensive ive had and lasted the shortest.

Northwind

"Same as the nano-flats from Superstar but a fiver cheaper"

Or actually, a fiver more expensive 🙄 Superstar ones are discounted to £32. Also available in more colours, HT can only do the black.

I really rate my MG1s, still haven't managed to do them any damage and I'm pretty clumsy sometimes… They're not hardcore pedals so if you want something to take constant abuse and big strikes they're the wrong choice but for general trailbike use they're ace. Light, grippy… But still, the Nanos are only a little heavier and are thinner, which would be nice.

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

MG-1s here also, love them, but as Jedi, some of the pins have torn out fairly easily/quickly and unreplaceable as the tapping(thread) is ruined. That's perhaps the trade off for lightweight.

crankrider
    Free Member

Some of the pedals on Ready to Ride are discounted now too….

I doubt HT 'can only do black' – they do afterall manufacture the superstar pedals so i would think there is only black as thats all they ordered….. 🙄

At the end of the day – buy whatever is cheapest if you like the limited colour – same product.

Joxster
    Free Member

I use Mallet 2's, ok not cheap but I like to ride clipped in and better than Shimano DX's and about 85% of the riders at Fort William were on Mallets so I can't be that wrong.

allyharp

Gusset Pinheads for me, cheap light and grippy. Also hurt slightly less than full metal pedals on the shins.

They look ace as well.
    Are the pins on those those Gusset Pinheads replaceable?

Viewing 39 posts - 1 through 39 (of 39 total)

The topic ‘Good value flat pedals’ is closed to new replies.